Going Back to iPhone 5

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Going Back to Iphone 5

I switched from an iPhone 4. Google Cloud Music is no iTunes. Google music does sync music to cloud faster and It does sync all my music and Albums in order. The only thing that bugs me is that playlists are not always perfectly synced. That could be something I am doing wrong. Also, where are the letters on the left side for easy navigation?

App selection used to be a point for Apple, but not anymore. Except for Clash of Clans.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site

Tried the HTC One for 2 weeks and have decided to stick with Iphone 5. Liked the phone, impressed at where HTC and Android are at this point but...

-Couldn't get phone to work well with car which is important to me, petty, I know
-I use an Otterbox and it made it near impossible with one hand
-I find the Iphone Camera to be better quality as I like zooming further than HTC would allow
-Too much clutter, IE Blink Feed and Gallery
-I like the way Mac/Iphone/Itunes sync seamlessly
-Battery was weak compared to what I'm used to in regards to lasting time and charge time

Positives though...

-Google Play was awesome, not taking up storage but having music
-LTE Speed is ridiculous
-Speakers are awesome
-ZOE/Sequence Shot
-Viewing Angles, especially outside were great, even in Otterbox

Anyways, thanks for all help

I guess if you don't want to spend anymore more money and have the iPhone 5 laying around you can switch back. But if you did your research and tried more phones you'd know that another phone like gs4 beats the iPhone in many categories. But like someone said having choices is a great thing. Some choices are better than others though. To each his own.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I guess if you don't want to spend anymore more money and have the iPhone 5 laying around you can switch back. But if you did your research and tried more phones you'd know that another phone like gs4 beats the iPhone in many categories. But like someone said having choices is a great thing. Some choices are better than others though. To each his own.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

That's the point,if someone chooses something else, clearly for them the iPhone is the better choice

Posted via Android Central App

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I switched from an iPhone 4. Google Cloud Music is no iTunes. Google music does sync music to cloud faster and It does sync all my music and Albums in order. The only thing that bugs me is that playlists are not always perfectly synced. That could be something I am doing wrong. Also, where are the letters on the left side for easy navigation?

App selection used to be a point for Apple, but not anymore. Except for Clash of Clans.

The app quality is an issue which should be fixed with Android Studio

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Android does things somewhat differently from IOS, so it can be jarring or confusing to a former IOS user initially.

For example, I recall hunting all over the place for the power button on my friend's Note2, only to eventually realise that it was on the right-hand side. The back button lacks consistency, as does the address bar (which sometimes appears either at the top or bottom depending on the app).

They are likely minor or inconsequential issues to a seasoned Android user, but may rankle "IOS-defectors" who are used to their devices having a unified layout and expecting their devices to work a certain way. Only advice I can think of is to hang in there. Try it for another month, then change if you really can't get used to it.
The back button on Android is always in the same place. Down on your menu bar at the bottom. The arrow on the left is always there.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

But it's action is inconsistent,
I don't find that. I press it and it always goes back for me. Regardless, Apple has no button and their apps have the back button in lots of different places, so the complaint that Android has an issue with going back is far less of a problem compared to an iPhone.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

How so?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Like in the Facebook app, if you open it from a notification and hit back, it closes the app, but if you agree on the same screen and accessed it from within the app, it goes back to the screen you were on in the app.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think we will see this quite a lot with the HTC one. I have never seen so many people moving away from the iPhone like I have with the HTC one.

When I moved from iPhone to android last year I had all sorts of things I whined and complained and criticised, because I was set in an iPhone way of thinking. But I persisted. It must have taken me about three months before I finally realised how out of date ios had been and how awesome android was. So I understand why the op has returned, but I also strongly believe that if he persisted he would, in all likeliness, begin to see things from an android perspective.

Apart from his car Bluetooth, the rest of his complaints are all things which can be addressed. Now, I am one of those weirdos who likes iTunes, because it combines my music and podcasts. At first I hated that I couldn't use it easily anymore and everything became a work round, but now Google play has put an end to that. Anything I upload from iTunes either at home or work now appears on my phone and can be played or downloaded as I see fit. In fact, it's better than on an iPhone because I can access ALL my music collection from my phone.

Zooming in for photos? I honestly don't know what to say to that. I have almost never used digital zoom because it is ****, on any phone. The iPhone camera is great but the HTC camera is superior almost everywhere in every way that anyone who uses a smartphone for their designed purpose uses it. Add the amazing Zoe's and highlight reels on top of great low light, ultra quick start up and shutter speed and optical image stabilisation, and... Well.

There is nothing wrong with the iPhone, it is a superb smartphone and anyone who says different is an *****, but I say to the op- don't mistake different with being inferior. The HTC is very different to the iPhone, but there is a reason why so many people are leaving iphones right now and buying HTC ones. Persist a little longer and you will truly reap the benefits of a fully operational death star, oops I mean jellybean.

Seriously, all you guys coming from iPhones who are thinking of going back, just spend more time learning your phone. Android jellybean is brilliant, and the HTC one is about the best phone out right now.

Cheers.

Eta- you seriously star out the word idi0t? That is ridiculous, I mean come on guys!

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Regarding photostream and no equivalent android product, try using Google + auto upload. It is equivalent, in fact I prefer it as you can edit images and get more share options.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

How so?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

When I am in my email it takes me back to my inbox, in the music app I press the back button and instead of going to my songs list again, it closes my music app etc
on iOS the back button is either in the top left corner or the bottom left corner. not that bad.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

When I am in my email it takes me back to my inbox, in the music app I press the back button and instead of going to my songs list again, it closes my music app etc
on iOS the back button is either in the top left corner or the bottom left corner. not that bad.
Why should it not take you back to your inbox? That's the correct way for it to work. And for the music, the reason it does that is because once you start your music it is playing at the bottom, to assume it should go back to your playlist is not logical as there are other sections for genre, albums etc. So you would tap back on playlist if that's what you wanted.

I think that even though there may be a few things that may not work exactly the way you want, the pluses far outweigh any negatives. At least you don't have to guess where the back button is. And the placement of the button in the top left is a harder place to reach than in the bottom. IMO.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Why should it not take you back to your inbox? That's the correct way for it to work. And for the music, the reason it does that is because once you start your music it is playing at the bottom, to assume it should go back to your playlist is not logical as there are other sections for genre, albums etc. So you would tap back on playlist if that's what you wanted.

I think that even though there may be a few things that may not work exactly the way you want, the pluses far outweigh any negatives. At least you don't have to guess where the back button is. And the placement of the button in the top left is a harder place to reach than in the bottom. IMO.

But you are forgetting that iPhone screens are pathetically tiny so its easy to reach:)

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Also it sucks I can't give you proper examples for the inconsistency.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Also it sucks I can't give you proper examples for the inconsistency.

I know there are some things but I still think the good outweighs the bad by a long shot.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I agree. for me Android is a WHOLE is better.

I think the back button thing is valid, because until you try it, you don't know what the button will do because it's dependent on the app. It doesn't even always have the same function in Google apps. Things like that, and the mess with menu buttons do need work.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I think the back button thing is valid, because until you try it, you don't know what the button will do because it's dependent on the app. It doesn't even always have the same function in Google apps. Things like that, and the mess with menu buttons do need work.
Yes, that's what I mean. you are not guaranteed for it to do what you expect it to.