Got my Note 2!

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow is this thing awesome. My razr maxx looks like a toy compared to this phone. I was worried about it being so big but I cant have a smaller screen now. Such a great device!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on the new GN2! I can't wait to get one.....I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt.

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Congrats on the new GN2! I can't wait to get one.....I currently have an HTC Thunderbolt.

Hopefully a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

I had a Thunderbolt before a Razr Maxx, then the GN2 I have now. You won't believe the differences, between the battery, screen and just the pure awesomeness that is the Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a Thunderbolt before a Razr Maxx, then the GN2 I have now. You won't believe the differences, between the battery, screen and just the pure awesomeness that is the Note 2.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Android Central Forums.

That's what I am seeing/hearing all over the forums! I wanted the Note 1 so bad when it came out, but was only on AT&T! I never thought it would come to VZW! I never make it through a day with the battery on Tbolt if it weren't for plugging in at my desk and in the car.....can't wait to make the switch! I have an upgrade I can swap on Feb. 5th!

Glad you're enjoying yours!

Sent from my Thunderbolt. Hoping to be a Galaxy Note ll owner Soon!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
u think the raxr maxx looks like a toy beside the N2, try holding an iPhone next to it. always makes me chuckle. recently a salesperson was at my home. he brought out his play phone...er...iPhone and I held up my N2 and said this is a big boy's phone. LOL!

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I just moved up to a N2 from a Thunderbolt, and it is better in so many ways, some expected, some not expected. I had screen on time of 4 hours yesterday, LTE the whole day, after 14 hours my battery was at 47%. With my Thunderbolt, I would have needed to put it on the charger by 4pm. I'm still getting used to *not* having to look at battery stats all day and micromanaging brightness, LTE, etc. (The main difference seems to be that with LTE on and the screen off, the phone is very, very efficient and hardly loses battery at all, maybe 1%/hour, not the 10%/hour that I was seeing with the T-bolt, screen off, LTE on. The screen uses about 11%/hour, which is why we are seeing screen on times in the 7-8 hour range. Awesome.)

The GPS locks on much, much faster; the boot up time is about 1 minute vs. 5 (not that I need to reboot anymore, as I did several times daily with the TB), the battery meter is much more accurate, the regular multitasking (not multiwindow) works much better with 2GB RAM instead of 0.75GB (and Sense bloat). Typing is also a lot more accurate. There is a notification light, and push mail works much better and more consistently. All that is beyond the obvious upgrades of screen size and much faster (4-5x as fast) processor, which makes a big difference when opening/resizing web pages, opening/moving around in PDFs, etc (I don't play any processor-intensive games, so can't comment on that).

On the minus side, it's a little heavier, harder to manage with one hand, somewhat less comfortable to hold (in size and texture), harder to get out of the pants, and I have a nagging worry about dropping it, after seeing that poor guy's N2 with a cracked screen after one day.

This is a tremendous improvement over the Tbolt!

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the verizon leather (or faux) case and it makes it very comfortable and secure to hold. it also comes out of pockets easily--doesn't stick and doesn't tend to slide out by accident, either. it's just the right texture, IMO.

Josphe72

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a Rezound before I got the Note2.
The Rez was a nice phone and the screen rivaled my daughters Iphone.....shudders (sorry) but the battery life was horrible.
I can now utilize my phone and not turn off anything and leave the house with 20% battery life and not even look for a charger to take with me.

Sent from my G☆L☆XY

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just moved up to a N2 from a Thunderbolt, and it is better in so many ways, some expected, some not expected. I had screen on time of 4 hours yesterday, LTE the whole day, after 14 hours my battery was at 47%. With my Thunderbolt, I would have needed to put it on the charger by 4pm. I'm still getting used to *not* having to look at battery stats all day and micromanaging brightness, LTE, etc. (The main difference seems to be that with LTE on and the screen off, the phone is very, very efficient and hardly loses battery at all, maybe 1%/hour, not the 10%/hour that I was seeing with the T-bolt, screen off, LTE on. The screen uses about 11%/hour, which is why we are seeing screen on times in the 7-8 hour range. Awesome.)

The GPS locks on much, much faster; the boot up time is about 1 minute vs. 5 (not that I need to reboot anymore, as I did several times daily with the TB), the battery meter is much more accurate, the regular multitasking (not multiwindow) works much better with 2GB RAM instead of 0.75GB (and Sense bloat). Typing is also a lot more accurate. There is a notification light, and push mail works much better and more consistently. All that is beyond the obvious upgrades of screen size and much faster (4-5x as fast) processor, which makes a big difference when opening/resizing web pages, opening/moving around in PDFs, etc (I don't play any processor-intensive games, so can't comment on that).

On the minus side, it's a little heavier, harder to manage with one hand, somewhat less comfortable to hold (in size and texture), harder to get out of the pants, and I have a nagging worry about dropping it, after seeing that poor guy's N2 with a cracked screen after one day.

This is a tremendous improvement over the Tbolt!

OC, thank you so much for taking the time to give all this great information and feedback! C'mon Feb 5 th!!! Really looking forward to this phone!!!

snsjets

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Another former T-bolter here. It was a good phone but the Note II is just better in almost every way. Have had mine for 6 weeks and totally digg it!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
3 of us girls are out tonight. Two of us have the note 2. My other friend iphone.
HA! people at near by tables are in awe

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
i went from the razr maxx which i loved to the note 2 last week.. i was gonna keep the maxx as a back up phone but while at the verizon store the guy said they would give me 98 dollars trade in on it towards the note 2!!!! i couldnt pass that up!!! been loving the note 2, theres no way i could go back to a smaller screen size!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I too had the Razr Maxx prior to my Note 2. Actually, I still have the Razr Maxx phone as a backup. When I pick up the Razr Maxx, the screen seems utterly and pathetically small compared to my Note 2! The Razr Maxx also feels sluggish and seems like a toy to me now. Before the Razr Maxx, I had the HTC Thunderbolt. I cannot go back to anything less now, haha!