insufficient storage available

Beban96

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello, this is my first post and I'm also new Android user here... I have Prestigio 3350. So I'm getting this famous "insufficient storage available" message every time I want to download something that I have not enough space on my internal memory. Then I bought MicroSD card with 8Gb and everything remains the same, I can download, but when I reach prox 100 Mb, this error appears and I don't know why I cannot move those apps to SD card where I have plenty of memory.

Then I searched the internet and nobody couldn't help me. They said about clearing the cache and all other stuff, but nothing... Please answer me if you guys know some answer ASAP!

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. I'm to familiar with your type Android, but you should be able to go into "my files" and move accordlingly

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I think I found your phone specs on the internet. It looks like you have 512 MB of storage after the OS is installed. Android requires to have about 200 MB of storage free, so that is a potential 312 MB for everything else.

Is there a way you can post a screenshot to confirm my guess? Either using the AC Forums app or posting a picture from a digital camera?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How should I know which app is causing the problem? I don't know the solution

The thing is, the overall space available to you is so small. Its not just one app that is causing problems. Disabling some can free up memory, but not much.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How big is the app you are trying to install? If it is big (over the capacity of internal storage), then no matter how much cleaning you do, you won't be able to install it. From the pic, it looks like you only have 145mb internal space available total. The link above is a good resource. Some apps can be moved to sd and you can delete some apps. But beyond that, it is a hardware limitation. On certain devices, you can switch internal and sd card, but this requires root, and can really mess up your phone if you don't know what you doing.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
dpham00 has a good suggestion, with risks. If anything happens to the SD card hardware or the card itself, your apps are lost.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Screen shot shows 45mb free.

A little confused myself. 145 total, but 45 free and 131 for apps plus some for cache?
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness