Issues Installing Apps

Apollo

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
I have issues installing apps on my new S24 U. When selecting an app like Evernote or Cisco Duo, I get an error saying "This app won't work for your device".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429-110239.png
    Screenshot_20240429-110239.png
    185.8 KB · Views: 48

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Could it be a regional restriction? Where do you live? And where did you purchase the phone?

Apollo

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
I don't know. I ran the iemi number and it said it was a "destined for US" phone. I live in San Diego, CA. I purchased the phone from a local shop as a new phone in the box. I opened the box and ensured it worked there.
I am not very happy with it. One thing is the screen is super sensitive. Before I can select something on the screen, it selects before my finger touches the screen. Also, I have a difficult time moving icons across screens. Some icons are on my "home" screen, and I can select them, then move them to the edge of the screen, but not quite push them off to the next screen. This sucks. I also thought this phone would be much faster than my Galaxy Note 10+. I am finding it's much slower..

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. Evernote installed and runs fine on my S24+.

Don't know about that other app.

As for the other issues. Don't have those problems. Speed is great, but I came from an S20 FE.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's correct -- that's how you exit Safe Mode. What I'm suggesting is to boot into Safe Mode, then try to install one of those apps while you're still in Safe Mode. What I'm trying to determine is if some other 3rd party app might be interfering with these apps being installed from the Play Store. It's unlikely, but still worth checking.

Apollo

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the update and sorry for my misunderstanding.
I powered up into SafeMode and tried to install Evernote.
I still get the error "This app won't work for your device".
Rebooted into regular mode. I did a DRM reset as I am just guessing at this point. Still no Evernote.
I did note that one time while booting into Safemode, there was a message that popped up that said "SimProcessor", then went away.
Is that normal? I can't find any info on that..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what that message means. This is certainly odd behavior in general -- are you using a VPN? Does this happen if you try various different wi-fi networks?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Apollo

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
I only saw it one time, and that was when booting into SafeMode.
At this time I am doing a SmartSwitch wifi transfer in an attempt to copy over my apps. The data I can do manually, but copying over apps is the most important. I don't use VPN on the phone, and regardless of wifi or 5G I get the same failure to install.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What's the return policy of the place you bought it from? At this point, I'd return it if you can. If you can't return it, then at least show them the problem, and see if they might be able to exchange it with another unit.

If they won't let you do anything, then maybe reflashing the stock ROM might help, because I'm wondering if the phone's firmware is actually intended for some other region (despite what the IMEI checker told you). @mustang7757 could help with flashing the ROM if you're interested.

Apollo

Apr 29, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I have never unlocked or updated a bootloader or reflashed a ROM. So I may have some homework ahead of me..
thx...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the return policy of the place you bought it from? At this point, I'd return it if you can. If you can't return it, then at least show them the problem, and see if they might be able to exchange it with another unit.

If they won't let you do anything, then maybe reflashing the stock ROM might help, because I'm wondering if the phone's firmware is actually intended for some other region (despite what the IMEI checker told you). @mustang7757 could help with flashing the ROM if you're interested.
Thanks for the info. I have never unlocked or updated a bootloader or reflashed a ROM. So I may have some homework ahead of me..
thx...
I can show how to flash between stock firmwares but need to know model number of the device, that will be in settings>about phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484