Just maybe a release date. Nexus verizon

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Lol I'm a pessimist now? I want this phone to be out as much as anyone. I'd love to think it would appear in-stores tomorrow, but I want to manage my expectations so as to not lead myself to needless disappointment. I really hope it's the 21st, but I would think we'd know about it (stock showing up in stores, etc.) by tomorrow at the latest. Unfortunately, we haven't seen those indicators yet.

How do you know they aren't getting any stock? What if the 21st is just for online and it won't be in stores until later in the week or the next week? I mean just because there hasn't been anything saying verizon has stock in store doesn't mean that it can't be released.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Apparently it was over your head that the preorder form in this thread was from a retailer, not corp. That makes my example completely relevant. You are trying to say release is iminent because a retailer did a preorder. I showed how that can be deceiving because Best Buy started Thunderbolt preorders a month prior to launch.

Any questions? Maybe next time don't be blinded by a Verizon logo and look closer? You seem to have a knack for belittling, but not for reading comprehension.

I acknowledged it was a retail order, not corp., reread. Best Buy can do that because they are not corp. drones. Release is iminent cause the wheels, that aren't always apparent, are in motion. Even employee NDAs can hide that fact when things like this get exposure.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
If Best Buy can drop a preorder 1 month prior...so can any other.

It has no bearing on how close the release date is. If it is close, great. However, it is not an indicator.

Why are you not comprehending this? Nobody else is having trouble understanding the concept.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If Best Buy can drop a preorder 1 month prior...so can any other.

It has no bearing on how close the release date is. If it is close, great. However, it is not an indicator.

Why are you not comprehending this? Nobody else is having trouble understanding the concept.

Walk into a retailer, tell me how that works out for you?

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Walk into a retailer, tell me how that works out for you?

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Walk into a retail store, have a sales associate fill out a preorder for you, let me know when your set to recieve it. All preorder dates outside of corp. all come w/ a big ol TBD stamped on it till they get word from the top on a shipping date. I know a guy who apparently filed a preorder for the GN online, they promised it would be shipped to him by Feb. 2012.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Walk into a retail store, have a sales associate fill out a preorder for you, let me know when your set to recieve it. All preorder dates outside of corp. all come w/ a big ol TBD stamped on it till they get word from the top on a shipping date. I know a guy who apparently filed a preorder for the GN online, they promised it would be shipped to him by Feb. 2012.

So what is your point? I just said that preorders do not indicate release date when from retailers...and now you are agreeing with me?

BSG4893

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Look what happened with the rezound, the verizon website said coming soon until the day after the razr came out meanwhile it released just 3 days later... my guess is theyre gonna give a short release window from the time they announce the nexus release date to the time it actually comes out... just a guess though dont kill me for it lol...

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Im excited the Nexus will probably be released next week. But im pissed there weren't any pre orders. I wanted my phone on release day. Since im requesting an early upgrade, i will have to order over the the phone. Meaning i'll get it a day or 2 after it's released.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
i've always been able to use my early upgrade in corporate stores.
Im gonna ask the CS rep if i can pay over the phone and pick up in store. Or if i can just pay at the store but have her call them to let them know im coming and to do the upgrade. I really don't want to wait lol