LG G2 Camera Pictures: Show us your stuff :D

PETER VORDOS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG G2 Camera Pictures : Show us your stuff :D

The HTC One will be a disappointment compared to the G2. My wife has it and she bought it for the camera. I think my Nexus 4 is more reliable across the board. The G2 is sensational. Even better than the Note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

I've seen pictures, i shot some, myself in a store where i had the opportunity to have them for a free test (I mean HTC one and G2). HTC was incredibly fast and the result was fine. G2 were trying to focus for a "while" and finally didn't manage to produce a clean photo... The store were lighted enough...But it was a 5 mins test..
I like G2 in general but quick fine indoor shots are what i'm looking for, to leave my Samsung Sii...

Last edited:

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Here are two pictures I took with the G2, first one is inside a Hot Topic store in the mall. In case you don't know the lighting in those stores are really dark! So first photo is in Hot Topic no editing.

2nd picture was in the middle of the night, I stopped on the freeway to take a picture of the building across the other side from me. Edited it with Snapspeed.
ebu2umu7.jpg
ezasuzez.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

I've seen pictures, i shot some, myself in a store where i had the opportunity to have them for a free test (I mean HTC one and G2). HTC was incredibly fast and the result was fine. G2 were trying to focus for a "while" and finally didn't manage to produce a clean photo... The store were lighted enough...But it was a 5 mins test..
I like G2 in general but quick fine indoor shots are what i'm looking for, to leave my Samsung Sii...
I have been using the HTC for months and just don't think it compares in the detail dept. Quite often the quality is very hit and miss and the resolution down grade with the 4MP really doesn't justify any quality boost. The quality from the G2, S4, Note 3 or (God help me) the iPhone 5 are far better in day to day usage. I took this on the G2 and one with the Note 3 and even though the Note 3 has a bit more detail the G2 has much better color.
G2
LG G2-02.jpg

Note 3
Note3-02.jpg

recoveringlefty

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Maybe it's the same with all/most phone cameras, but I notice that the G2 seems to struggle with the sky details on outdoor shots. The color and detail on objects is great, but the sky gets severely washed out.

CamZo

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

Took some pics that with the G2.. What an amazing camera it has..
perabahe.jpg
aje9ubag.jpg
a9apa2av.jpg

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Took this near the top of a volcano in Costa Rica, intelligent auto mode on. Sometimes this camera really amazes me!

Sent from my Verizon LG G2

Attachments

• 1385344828800.jpg
    1385344828800.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 60

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Maybe it's the same with all/most phone cameras, but I notice that the G2 seems to struggle with the sky details on outdoor shots. The color and detail on objects is great, but the sky gets severely washed out.

That happens when the sky is considerably brighter than the foreground. The (any) camera will set the exposure for the foreground, which overexposes the sky. Using HDR helps though, that usually saves the sky from being blown out.

Sent from my LG-D803 using AC Forums mobile app

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I doubt that, you may need to adjust some settings and make sure you set your meter by tapping on the right spot (not the darkest spot, that will result in overexposure, will make your whites washed-out)
See these:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/339837-those-who-claim-sky-detail-lost-g2-camera.html

Oh, definitely take advantage of HDR if you are taking pictures of still objects, scenery, etc, because HDR is lightning fast thanks to processor on G2, unlike some of the older phones I had which had a big gap between two shots and caused loss of detail, no such a thing with G2 and if your subject is posing definitely take advantage of that.

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: [LG G2] Camera Pictures : Show us your stuff :D

image.jpg
Action shot at dog park. I am now a firm believer in this camera...used burst mode and got a ton of great, in focus pictures!

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Cemetery on Thanksgiving
byre5ude.jpg

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

House of Knowledge

upeby5yg.jpg

Empty House

u8ehe5u9.jpg

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Here's a quick snap. Taken in AI, unedited (resized only). This camera takes amazing shots in good light. The lower the ambient light gets, the more artificial noise reduction is introduced into the pics. They start to look blotchy and lack detail.

*EDIT* Not sure why it attached a thumbnail sideways.....

CAM00100.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00100.jpg
    CAM00100.jpg
    919.2 KB · Views: 43

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Here's a quick snap. Taken in AI, unedited (resized only). This camera takes amazing shots in good light. The lower the ambient light gets, the more artificial noise reduction is introduced into the pics. They start to look blotchy and lack detail.

View attachment 94846

Amazing picture, look at the detail on the shoes, sidewalk, and look at that dark area to the bottom right, you can still see details, and I am sure if you use the original and run it through auto correct in 3rd party it would look even more amazing. Great picture, thanks for sharing.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I have gotten some great pictures on low lighting. Here are some examples. One is in Hot Topic if you know anything about them out is very dark inside. One in a dark house with only light coming through the kitchen window. The other in a dark garage. Only light through the top of the garage doors.
5y7ysyqa.jpg

unu9uma5.jpg

my7urane.jpg

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

I have gotten some great pictures on low lighting. Here are some examples. One is in Hot Topic if you know anything about them out is very dark inside. One in a dark house with only light coming through the kitchen window. The other in a dark garage. Only light through the top of the garage doors. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/5y7ysyqa.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/unu9uma5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/03/my7urane.jpg

Those are great pics. I have noticed with my low light shots that I only notice the lack of detail when viewing the pics at full size on my Mac. Resize them down a bit and they look fine. I am also comparing them to pics taken with my previous iPhone 5s, which took amazing pics in any light.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Those are great pics. I have noticed with my low light shots that I only notice the lack of detail when viewing the pics at full size on my Mac. Resize them down a bit and they look fine. I am also comparing them to pics taken with my previous iPhone 5s, which took amazing pics in any light.

These 3 pictures are unedited and where loaded using Tapatalk. Detail on them are great no matter what I look at them on, and yes even my iPhone friends couldn't belive how great the details with the masks where.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Here is a low light HDR shot. Not bad. Resized only.

Attachments

• CAM001231.jpg
    CAM001231.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 84

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter