LG G4 Screen coating issues, please check your device

vmtek

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue

I thought I had scuffed it in my pocket or something. It was driving me mad and I noticed the Bottom Right of the screen was developing it also.

Really glad i saw this post - thanks

I will be trying to get a replacement now

vmtek

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Update from me

I contacted LG who have logged a call for this - however I havnt heard from them in nearly a month

They seemed unaware of this problem

Paul Www

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your post charlie2bravo.

I thought that I'm alone with my problem. I bought my G4 on 3rd of July 2015 with Play carrier in Poland. Within a week I noticed similar marks on my screen. Only bigger (please see the photo attached).

I took the phone to the LG Service and they declined to fix or replace it! They said it is mechanical scratch and they are not responsible for the way I use my phone. I tried to explain them that I had used their LG G2 for 2 years and now it's screen is in better condition that in newly bought one week old LG G4. It didn't help. Now I ended up with their flagship piece of vulnerable sh*t. I can't even sell it for a fair price with such a screen condition.

LG CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS! I will never buy again anything form them.

Attachments

• LGG4_scratches.jpg
    LGG4_scratches.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 65

Jafar Calley

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same position. Two marks along the screen UNDER the glass like the glass went over dirty rollers during manufacture.
I'm heading back to the shop I got it from to see if I can get a replacement. If the second one has the same problem, I'll be pissed because I've just spent about $250 extra on SD card, UAG case and a Zerolemon battery to support it.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This sucks to hear all this and I was going to say it could be something you guys have on your hands.
The thing I think it is now is the glass is detaching from the LCD screen.
One thing for sure you guys can all do that have this problem is use twitter and if you don't have an account then make it for this.
Everyone tweet to LG your pictures of your screen, I guarantee they will listen and replace them.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Just noticed these lines on my device which I have recently bought as new from an ebay seller. Going to have to return it them. Hoping the seller is able to take the phone back to were he got it for a replacement

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I really cant believe this. So the ebay seller took the phone back to the shop and got it replaced with a new one and sent it to me. I received it on wednesday. I opened the phone and inspected it closely and the screen looked mint with no signs of any lines on it. I used it thursday and friday not noticing anything untoward with the screen. However today, I notice that familar line again this time on the bottom half of the phone only. I wipe it in the hope that it is just an easily removable smudge mark but then within a few minutes the line re-appears!

I'm gutted. Ive already told the ebay seller that the phone is fine so I cant send it back again! I just dont understand how or why this line has started to appear on the screen after 3 days use.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
This is on the top surface of the glass? If you can't send it back - and I should have thought you could - it may disappear if you apply a screen protector.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I cant feel anything on top, it feels smooth so can only assume its underneath the glass. Im gutted as I love the phone. Just cant get any more though if the screens are like this!

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask everyone on here whos had issues, did you get a replacement and has this been ok? Ive had 2 now which have both developed these lines in the same place so as much as I love the phone, Im loathed to bother with a third one.

goobs10

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Another question. Those who have not had issues, have you been using a screen protector? If you are, then you are not touching the actual screen when using the phone and I wonder if it is the touching of the actual screen that is causing these marks to develop. How many have not had issues whilst not using a screen protector?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I put a screen protector on just a couple days after getting it. I'm less than a week on the phone, but no issue so far.

Yoguko

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys.

Just to let you know that I bought my H815 on the 7th of November and after removing the protective screen, I too have these marks in the exact same spot.

If I clean them thoroughly with a microfibre cloth, they disappear, however, they always come back after using the phone for a while.

Trying to get it replaced...

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It would help that those who have problems to post the exact model number and the carrier if any due to all the models. T-Mobile can mean T-Mobile USA or T-Mobile in Europe which are not the same variant.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
No problems here either with Verizon VS986 since August 11, 2015 with a screen protector 24x7 and I have taken off and replaced the screen protector a month ago.