Maybe I Should Have Returned it While I Still Had The Chance

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Oh, didn't know that but I still miss my tablet. :(
I did look for apps for interior design and they didn't have many at all and the ones they did have didn't have good reviews.
Since you can buy software for Windows are there ways to buy them for tablets or laptop-tablet hybrids using a flash drive or memory card or something like that since they don't have a disk drive or do you have to buy a plug in disk drive to install them or can it not be done that way or not? Does anyone know anything about that type of stuff, if so does anyone know if you can do things like that to the Asus infinity with droid? I know what apps droid has for interior design but they don't have as many as iTunes for business purposes but I don't want an iPad or a Mac because of the style of laptop- tablet I want.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Are you aware that the Windows 8 interface can access the more familiar 'desktop' interface? Just tap the "desktop" icon and it looks like the Windows 7 desktop. Next time you're at Best Buy, try it on a Windows 8 tablet.

Yea, I think most people just haven't looked into how to use keyboard shortcuts to navigate Windows 8. I will admit Win 8 would be A LOT easier with a touchscreen, though.

I use Win 8 on my work laptop -- after a few weeks, I would not go back to Windows 7, and I loved Windows 7 before. :)

This is a pretty good reference:

Windows 8 Keyboard Shortcuts | Digital Trends

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the discontinuing rumor that Best Buy told me about?
Or know anything about the software stuff I brought up in a previous post?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Groupons has a deal on the TF700. The most expensive is the 64GB with keyboard dock for $499. Its refurbished though but still a good price. There probably will be a new one coming out so I night want to see if I hear anything.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I had enough problems with one that wasn't refurbished plus I've always been alittle iffy about anything that's refurbished plus you never know what happened to it before it was refurbished, ya know?
When is the new update suppose to come out?

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, whoever I talked to at Best Buy when I took my tablet "misinformed" about my tablet being discontinued...
When I went back up there I talked to someone and they told me that the information I was given was wrong and I probably just happened to get a bad dock and tablet and they aren't being discontinued but sometimes it says that on the computers whenever they are out of them in store or things like that.
Since they actually found one that day I went I should have swapped mine out but didn't because I the info given to me. Ugh, so frustrating since I have to wait for the rest of the money they owe me back on a check via mail because they can only return $500 or less in store. Plus on top of that I found out because of their price match garranty you only 15 days to return a product instead of the original 30.
Oh, and on top of that I have to return the nice wireless printer I got because if I decided down the road to get a Windows 8 device it won't be comparable but the ones that are Windows 8 comparable aren't with my old laptop that's Windows Vista plus making sure to find one that's also comparable with my iPhone 4 and the tablet if I decided to get another one. It's a pain on something's to even find out what the heck they are compadable with and it will list Apple devices but I have yet to see one list anything about Droids.
So, I guess I'll just have to be without an all-in-one printer again since mine broke which is why I was getting a new one.
I had bought an Epson and HP to try them both out to see which was better since they had a sale going both of which were good but the HP won me over and I found out it wasn't compadable with Windows 8 when my dad ended up buying the same one to go with his new HP desktop he just bought. For him its easy to replace it with the one that's a model up that's just like it but works with Windows 8 but wih me even though I really need a printer and scanner I don't want to waste the money then end up getting a windows 8 desktop down the road and it not be compadable. I'd like to stick with HP and the Photosmart printer was awesome but I haven't seen one that's just as good that's also smaller "compact style" anyway else or any other brand and all the ones that even come close to being compadable with everything are huge!
Since I'm waiting to see what the new Asus Taichi is like when it comes out in Sept (before I buy the Asus Infinaty 700 again) I'd like to find a great all-in-one wireless compact photo printer that is compadable with Vista, Apple, Droid and Widows 8 if even possible but I can't break the bank with it either.
Any suggestions? Or advice?

Side note: typing all of this on my iPhone really isn't fun... Makes me miss my tablet even though the most I typed on it was on these forms! Lol

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hard to imagine that any new printer would not be compatible with Windows 8!?? It should only be a matter of installing the correct drivers.
If you liked the HP, check their support website, look for the "driver download" section, enter the model name and see if they have drivers for Vista, Win8, iOS. I'm pretty sure they do...
Printing from an Android device is a little different. You cannot install printer drivers on Android (or iPhone for that matter) directly. But there are apps for wireless printing. Most printer manufacturers have their own, there's Cloud Print from Google - don't know what the Apple equivalent is called, but I'm sure they got one.
My wireless all-in-one has it's own dedicated email address through Epson. You just send the document as an attachment. Most of the time I find that's the easiest way to print out from my tablet.
Check out the Epson Workforce WF-3520. I got it a few months ago and it seems to fit your bill. It's compact, scans and prints well - don't know about photo printing since I don't do that. But it's great for the small home office.
It's compatible with any Windows version since XP, iOS and I can print from my phone as well as my tablet. It's not as easy and convenient as printing from a PC, but it works.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Ever since Win 8 went into open Beta, we've been able to use Windows 7 drivers just fine. When I go to my client's office, which has Windows 7 & Win XP PCs and older printers, I am able to print to all of them (my work laptop is running Win 8). Having Windows 8 doesn't force you to buy a whole new set of peripherals. hehe

Side note: typing all of this on my iPhone really isn't fun... Makes me miss my tablet even though the most I typed on it was on these forms! Lol

When typing on an iPhone 5, I noticed that iOS doesn't do the best job of spell check or word replacement (ie: inserting comparable instead of compatible). Reading your post, I thought to myself that, if I ever needed to write that much, I'd go find my tablet or laptop. Then, I saw your footnote and laughed. hehe. :)

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well my laptop is really slow and I mainly just sync everything to it but my brothers in town so he is working on it for me. Ever since I got my iPhone 4 a couple of years ago I pretty much stopped using my laptop but it would over heat really fast. I like iPhones auto correct more than most but my phones been acting funny here and there so that's a bit annoying.
I bought the new Sony Vaio Tab desktop to try it out because I do need a computer for myself and one my son can use for school when he needs so and since he is 8 he will need use of a computer more or more. Either way I'm returning the Sony I got from best buy because even if I liked it I was going to buy one from Sony so I could customize it when I order it and I'll actually get a better deal that way too.
Now if only I had enough for it and to buy another Asus and I'd be good since I'm not sure if I'll like the Asus dual screen that's coming out mainly because of windows even though I have worked my way around it and its not bad but I miss my tablet and dock :(
Now does anyone have an extra $900 around to just get the Sony and tablet back so I can just have both and not have to choose? Lol