Myn's Warm RLS 3 is here!

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Everything was going great, then I use the WarmUpdater to put the stock font on and my phone is stuck at a screen with a little android man and an exclamation point in a triangle... wtf

is this normal?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see everyone is liking RLS3. Of all the iterations I've been through thus far, RLS3 has been the biggest. Lots of neat new things in this one.

RLS4 is now under way. Stay tuned :)

Sweet looking forward to it and I am glad you decided to stop by don't be a stranger.

Later,
Dave

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
myn, it was great before I tried to use your warmupdater to apply the stock font... now I'm stuck at the little android guy with an exclamation triangle. Any idea what happened? Am I screwed? Battery Pull?

Why do I always get owned by the simple things..

myn

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
myn, it was great before I tried to use your warmupdater to apply the stock font... now I'm stuck at the little android guy with an exclamation triangle. Any idea what happened? Am I screwed? Battery Pull?

Why do I always get owned by the simple things..

I'd pull the battery and reboot.

Are you by chance running Clockwork Recovery?

I've had some very mixed inconsistent experiences with this recovery. I use and recommend Amon_Ra's 1.8. Had no issues.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd pull the battery and reboot.

Are you by chance running Clockwork Recovery?

I've had some very mixed inconsistent experiences with this recovery. I use and recommend Amon_Ra's 1.8. Had no issues.

Yeah I'm using clockwork... wish it warned me in the updater and I would of just manually booted into clock work.

Oh well good work on the ROM was working beautifully before this.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Did a battery pull and everything rebooted without any issues.

The stock font that comes with the ROM was still in place, i manually rebooted into recovery and flashed the stock font zip and everything is working well.

Thanks

BTW just for my curiosity, what happened that caused the error? Anything I need to worry about in terms of screwing files up? or just a fluke with Clockwork that doesn't play nice with the warmupdater?

myn

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Did a battery pull and everything rebooted without any issues.

The stock font that comes with the ROM was still in place, i manually rebooted into recovery and flashed the stock font zip and everything is working well.

Thanks

BTW just for my curiosity, what happened that caused the error? Anything I need to worry about in terms of screwing files up? or just a fluke with Clockwork that doesn't play nice with the warmupdater?

Good to here :)

Clockwork recovery doesn't seem consistent with WarmUpdater. Amon_Ra's recovery seems to work religiously though.

Reactions: digink#AC

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Good to here :)

Clockwork recovery doesn't seem consistent with WarmUpdater. Amon_Ra's recovery seems to work religiously though.

Ah I see, I use ROM Manager a lot, so usually like have no choice but to use clock work.

Great work on this ROM, though. I thought RLS 2 was good and even with the stock HTC Kernel this thing flies. Everything is just so damn smooth.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Ah I see, I use ROM Manager a lot, so usually like have no choice but to use clock work.

Great work on this ROM, though. I thought RLS 2 was good and even with the stock HTC Kernel this thing flies. Everything is just so damn smooth.

Its really easy to switch back and forth between recoveries through rom manager.

I've never had clockwork problems but if I did I'd just use that to switch.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Its really easy to switch back and forth between recoveries through rom manager.

I've never had clockwork problems but if I did I'd just use that to switch.
Oh yeah its as simple as hitting the selection lol

I dont need to switch though I can just DL with his updater and manually boot into recovery. I like clockwork.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
MYN Did what you suggested in your email and flashed with warmupdater through RA and had no issues. So it looks as if the problem I had was using warmupdater with Clockwork. The Rom flashes with no issues through clockwork for me if I use Rom Manager though. Just curious I thought I flashed RLS3 from the first email you sent out on the 29th and I just noticed my Rom was RLS 2.95 so I flashed again over the weekend and Got RLS3. Did I have my head up my wazzoo the first time I thought I was flashing RLS3? Thanks and again, AWESOME work with this!

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah its as simple as hitting the selection lol

I dont need to switch though I can just DL with his updater and manually boot into recovery. I like clockwork.

i still dont knw how to get CWMs nandroids to work in Amon, otherwise id do the switch.

i tried to mess with it but still couldnt get it to work, thats the deal breaker for me i guess.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i still dont knw how to get CWMs nandroids to work in Amon, otherwise id do the switch.

i tried to mess with it but still couldnt get it to work, thats the deal breaker for me i guess.

They aren't compatible. You have to make a backup with whatever recovery you use for it to work. I found out the hard way when I flashed Amon and didn't have anything to go back to when things went sour.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Holy cow we got Myn here too?! That's awesome. You have many fans here. Your work is awesome and your ROM is great!

I agree...

Sooooo I wake up this morning with my Phone off the charger for 6 - 7 hours and I have a battery drop of 6%

get to work *2 hours later* still at 94%

The battery life isn't consistent but its leveling off now

ALOTTTT Better then RSL 2

And I really like some of these new features Sexy Rosie is awesome I have no need for ADW or Launcher now *Stupid HTC and that Plus button*

Left button is Phone and Right for Net Im loving this now

lowetax

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
MYN Did what you suggested in your email and flashed with warmupdater through RA and had no issues. So it looks as if the problem I had was using warmupdater with Clockwork. The Rom flashes with no issues through clockwork for me if I use Rom Manager though. Just curious I thought I flashed RLS3 from the first email you sent out on the 29th and I just noticed my Rom was RLS 2.95 so I flashed again over the weekend and Got RLS3. Did I have my head up my wazzoo the first time I thought I was flashing RLS3? Thanks and again, AWESOME work with this!

2.95 was the almost final (Beta) 3 is the final

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174