Myn's Warm RLS 3 is here!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm running netarchy 4.2.1 BFS aggressive with great results on battery for my usage. Only weird thing is scrolling in the browser is really slow and dont know if its ROM or kernel related.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm running netarchy 4.2.1 BFS aggressive with great results on battery for my usage. Only weird thing is scrolling in the browser is really slow and dont know if its ROM or kernel related.

Are you under clocking? What browser are you using?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you under clocking? What browser are you using?

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Just the stock browser... and no, not using setcpu.

And a better description of it would be to say the scrolling seems inconsistent as if sometimes there is a lag or stutter.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just installed RLS 3 On an UnRooted Phone...

God I learned Wayyyyyyyyy too much toying with my Evo

I told the dude to Test and See if there is anything he notices as a n00b that is weird

He'll Report back to me and if its nothing I can't handle I'll Let you guys know...

*Unrooted As in No Nand No custom recovery No Nothing Basically Stock*

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

I told the dude to Test and See if there is anything he notices as a n00b that is weird

He'll Report back to me and if its nothing I can't handle I'll Let you guys know...

How...?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm curious about this too.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just the stock browser... and no, not using setcpu.

And a better description of it would be to say the scrolling seems inconsistent as if sometimes there is a lag or stutter.

Does it only happen with certain webpages? Some "heavy" webpages are just more intense (like Engadget). If they have a lot of HTML or images it can get like that. I would try a different browser (like dolphin or skyfire, not opera) to see if it does it. That would tell you if it's the webpage itself or the browser.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Add the Files as if you would attempt a Nand Flash... *On the Root of the SD*

Get into Recovery Up and power to reveal options

Flash Update.zip to flash Clockwork

With Clockwork added *This is Temp it doesn't Stick* your able to flash a Rom from the SD

I like Dirty Dirty Hacks Separates the Men from the Boys

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
so, do I need to try a different kernal for 4G?

Try Reflashing it if not then Try another Kernel

If that all Fails you can always Delete the XML file for Wimax

that usual works for me

I always forget the location of the darn file though Im sure someone else will chime in with that info

martinnick

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Unable to install the ROM!

My Evo is rooted, but when I attempt to flash this ROM I get the following errors

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[
E:Failure at line 14:
symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[
Installation aborted.

I have tried using ClockworkMod and amon Ra, and I got the same error. I have tried to reformat and partition the SD card. Nothing seems to work and I don't see anyone else with this error. After the failure I can't boot into the stock ROM that I am currently running, I have to reflash the stock ROM again and start all over. I have also tried downloading ROM manager and running it from there, but it doesn't seem to do anything other than put the device into recovery mode so I can flash it myself. I just bought this EVO 11/06/10 and it is the newest of the new, I had a wonderful time trying to get it rooted for 2 days straight. I finally get it done and I can't flash this ROM. I haven't tried flashing any other ROMS other than the latest stock one that I could find. As far as I know the kernal in this ROM and the stock one that I am running are the same. Any thoughts?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
hmm...are you able to flash any other ROM at all? you could try AC ROM. It's pretty close to stock and has never given me any problems. It would be a good test.

You don't have your phone plugged into a computer or anything when flashing it do you?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards