New Rezound ICS leak.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm a total NOOB with regards to flashing, ROMS, etc so forgive my lack of knowledge. I attempted to flash to the most recent "official" ICS ROM the day it came out. I had never attempted this before. I followed the instructions perfectly (except for pulling the battery out, which I read about in another forum) Unfortunately, when the system tried to flash I recieved the message "No Image", "Image Missing", or something to that affect.

I know I got the full file, I'm just not sure what I did wrong. Am I supposed to unpack the zip on my computer before I put it on my phone & rename it?

Any ideas?

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what I did and it didn't work. I'll try redownloading it as maybe somehow it was corrupted. I just wish it didn't take so long to download. Is anyone else hosting it from a faster mirror?

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
In another forum they told me not to add the ".zip" extension as it's already as zip file b/c it will end up being PH98IMG.zip.ZIP. I checked the last one I tried and that is the case for it.

Last edited:

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
that's exactly what I did. I'll download it again, maybe it some how was corrupted. I just wish it take so long. Is anyone else hosting a mirror that is faster?

my friend had the same problem and its because she renamed it PH98IMG.zip (typing the .zip part as well) so the file was PH98IMG.zip.zip and got the same error. did you try just renaming it PH98IMG and letting the extension default?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
that's exactly what I did. I'll download it again, maybe it some how was corrupted. I just wish it take so long. Is anyone else hosting a mirror that is faster?

Check the MD sum, to verify that the file is good, if the numbers don't match up, the file is likely to be bad.

Over on XDA, they have a link posted to a faster mirror.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried again and I got the same issue. The error it says once it reads the file is "No Image" and then "No Image, Or Wrong Image". I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Could it be possible that my use of WinRAR to handle compressed files on my PC is causing the issue? Maybe it the phone does not know what to do with the file since it is a WinRAR formatted Zip file instead of a standard Zip file. I don't know enough to know if there is a difference, I just know my computer assigns a WinRAR Icon to any compressed file.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
actually I just figured out the message is different tonight than it was last night. last night it read No Image only, repeatedly. Again, tonight it reads No image, and then No image, or wrong image.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
actually I just figured out the message is different tonight than it was last night. last night it read No Image only, repeatedly. Again, tonight it reads No image, and then No image, or wrong image.

Double check to make sure you have extensions enabled, Windows will automatically add the extra .zip if you don't. It will look like .zip to you but reads as .zip.zip to Windows. If that's not it, try another mirror, the rapidshare link seems kinda wacky. WinRar shouldn't be an issue but you could always try 7zip or something similar but I don't see any need. Also make sure you power off, then power up into hboot(press vol down + power button at the same time) to run it.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I tried again and I got the same issue. The error it says once it reads the file is "No Image" and then "No Image, Or Wrong Image". I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Could it be possible that my use of WinRAR to handle compressed files on my PC is causing the issue? Maybe it the phone does not know what to do with the file since it is a WinRAR formatted Zip file instead of a standard Zip file. I don't know enough to know if there is a difference, I just know my computer assigns a WinRAR Icon to any compressed file.

One thing to consider as well is the removable SD card is pretty much full. I'm not sure if that is making a difference or not, but i have a ton of music on it.

Last edited:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

One thing to consider as well is the removable SD card is pretty much full. I'm not sure if that is making a difference or not, but i have a ton of music on it.

I've never seen this issue where it wasn't a result of a user error. Bare w/ me, some things may be redundant but I need to know what you've specifically done up to this point.

1. You have enabled use of file extensions?
2. How did or what did you move it onto your ext. sd? (I only ask b/c int. is the default)
3. With #1&2 done correctly. Are you completely powering off before powering the phone back up again into hboot?
4. Is fast boot enabled or disabled in settings?
5. Have you ever cleared the apps cache on the ext. for more space? (Clean them up if there's a boatload in there)

If the zip can be placed on the ext_sd w/ out a low storage error popping up and you do have it moved and renamed on the ext., you should have enough room. If you want to make sure, move some of the music files onto the internal sd, and retry. As for WinRar, try it w/ other .zip warez. My gut says that's a waste of time though.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Question: Will flashing this leak erase everything on the internal SD memory or just the apps? Should I back up the internal memory first?

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Question: Will flashing this leak erase everything on the internal SD memory or just the apps? Should I back up the internal memory first?

I have a few more questions to add to cmandd's. You don't require root for this correct? Will I be able to receive the official release when/if it is release? Thanks for helping us noobs!

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I can answer those lol.
No, root is not required, you must be stock to flash this.
If the OTA version number is higher (which it most likely will be) then yes you will receive it or be able to flash it the same way.

Reactions: cvette93

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I can answer those lol.
No, root is not required, you must be stock to flash this.
If the OTA version number is higher (which it most likely will be) then yes you will receive it or be able to flash it the same way.
Now only if someone would answer your question...