New Rezound ICS leak.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
USB to computer and dragged n dropped the contents to a new folder on my desktop. I could care less about the apps, but I have DRM-free ebooks I didn't want to lose.

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Well I have the update downloaded. Could some of you sound in on what you think of the latest release. Is it worth the trouble???:-\

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I have the update downloaded. Could some of you sound in on what you think of the latest release. Is it worth the trouble???:-\

I like it and think its worth the trouble...I see the differences in performance between leak #1 and leak #3 and loving I can at least 'shelve' the bloatware without rooting. There is more RAM is available for use which impacts the performance of the phone in my opinion. I use my phone constantly but not too heavy on 3rd party apps or running several applications at once, widgets and all that. I use my phone primarily for texting, facebook and music (with the occasion phone call) and have experience no issues at all. I did read where someone was having issues w/ the calendar...I use the Google Calendar Sync 0.9.4.1 and haven't had any issues with it syncing w/ my outlook or running multiple calendars. I am very pleased with 3.14.605.5 :cool:

Reactions: cvette93

cvette93

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I like it and think its worth the trouble...I see the differences in performance between leak #1 and leak #3 and loving I can at least 'shelve' the bloatware without rooting. There is more RAM is available for use which impacts the performance of the phone in my opinion. I use my phone constantly but not too heavy on 3rd party apps or running several applications at once, widgets and all that. I use my phone primarily for texting, facebook and music (with the occasion phone call) and have experience no issues at all. I did read where someone was having issues w/ the calendar...I use the Google Calendar Sync 0.9.4.1 and haven't had any issues with it syncing w/ my outlook or running multiple calendars. I am very pleased with 3.14.605.5 :cool:

Thank you. I keep my work email on my work phone so i am not to worried about the calender. Have you seen any improvements with the camera app? Heard they may improve it some.

Last edited:

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. I keep my work email on my work phone so i am not to worried about the calender. Have you seen any improvements with the camera app? Heard they may improve it some.

...and does the camcorder have a repetitive squeaking sound when recording audio/video in loud environments?

I reported that bug to HTC - I hope they fixed it.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I haven't noticed any difference, the pics I have taken before and after have always came out good but probably would be able to tell the difference is there was lol. Here are a couple of pics I took after the latest leak install...View attachment 25208

View attachment 25209

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried again and I got the same issue. The error it says once it reads the file is "No Image" and then "No Image, Or Wrong Image". I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. Could it be possible that my use of WinRAR to handle compressed files on my PC is causing the issue? Maybe it the phone does not know what to do with the file since it is a WinRAR formatted Zip file instead of a standard Zip file. I don't know enough to know if there is a difference, I just know my computer assigns a WinRAR Icon to any compressed file.

Mine came up with the same error message. There was a blue status bar on the upper left of the screen. I just let the status bar complete, then a new message stating it was checking the .zip file, along with a brown status bar. I let this finish, then it allowed me to choose if I wished to flash the update. I of course said yes, and completed. So let it run with the apparent error message and it should complete for you.:cool:

Reactions: hiphopaddict

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen this issue where it wasn't a result of a user error. Bare w/ me, some things may be redundant but I need to know what you've specifically done up to this point.

1. You have enabled use of file extensions?
2. How did or what did you move it onto your ext. sd? (I only ask b/c int. is the default)
3. With #1&2 done correctly. Are you completely powering off before powering the phone back up again into hboot?
4. Is fast boot enabled or disabled in settings?
5. Have you ever cleared the apps cache on the ext. for more space? (Clean them up if there's a boatload in there)

If the zip can be placed on the ext_sd w/ out a low storage error popping up and you do have it moved and renamed on the ext., you should have enough room. If you want to make sure, move some of the music files onto the internal sd, and retry. As for WinRar, try it w/ other .zip warez. My gut says that's a waste of time though.

1. I have set Windows 7 to show file extensions. I dont' think this was the problem, b/c I had omitted the .zip and that's how I saw the difference in results between yesterday & the day before.
2. I can't say that I fully understand the language of #2, but I assume you are asking if I'm using the removable SD card. That is the case. I'm using the card that I store my music on, and that the phone defaults for pictures and video storage. If I don't understand the question please reiterate.
3. Yes, I am completely powering off, before holding down on the vol rocker, and holding down power to get into the hboot menu.
4. Fastboot is disabled.
5. I deleted everything in the Cache on the SD card.

I moved about 7 Gigs of music to the internal SD card and attempted to install again. I still got the same response No image, Image missing or incorrect image. I am so Effing frustrated with this! :mad:

Why would it work so flawlessly for everyone else and not work for my phone?

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
1. I have set Windows 7 to show file extensions. I dont' think this was the problem, b/c I had omitted the .zip and that's how I saw the difference in results between yesterday & the day before.
2. I can't say that I fully understand the language of #2, but I assume you are asking if I'm using the removable SD card. That is the case. I'm using the card that I store my music on, and that the phone defaults for pictures and video storage. If I don't understand the question please reiterate.
3. Yes, I am completely powering off, before holding down on the vol rocker, and holding down power to get into the hboot menu.
4. Fastboot is disabled.
5. I deleted everything in the Cache on the SD card.

I moved about 7 Gigs of music to the internal SD card and attempted to install again. I still got the same response No image, Image missing or incorrect image. I am so Effing frustrated with this! :mad:

Why would it work so flawlessly for everyone else and not work for my phone?

The internal SD card will get wiped during the upgrade, so, don't store anything there. Get Astro (file manager) from the Play Store, this will allow you see the files on your phone, and, to verify the MD5. After you get Astro, make sure the .zip file is on /sdcard2 at the root directory. Verify that the filename is correct, some users have included the ", and, some have had an extra .zip in the filename.

Another possibility, if you have your phone connected via USB to a pc, and, the drive is mounted - unplug, or, disconnect the phone's sdcards from your pc.

Reactions: hiphopaddict

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine came up with the same error message. There was a blue status bar on the upper left of the screen. I just let the status bar complete, then a new message stating it was checking the .zip file, along with a brown status bar. I let this finish, then it allowed me to choose if I wished to flash the update. I of course said yes, and completed. So let it run with the apparent error message and it should complete for you.:cool:

I have 6 options to choose from once it finishes chekcing the the file (ie the brown status bar)
Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Clear Storage
Simlock
Image CRC

I don't think it's reading the file at all. I wonder if totally wiping the phone clean net better results. This is getting ridiculous.

hiphopaddict

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The internal SD card will get wiped during the upgrade, so, don't store anything there. Get Astro (file manager) from the Play Store, this will allow you see the files on your phone, and, to verify the MD5. After you get Astro, make sure the .zip file is on /sdcard2 at the root directory. Verify that the filename is correct, some users have included the ", and, some have had an extra .zip in the filename.

Another possibility, if you have your phone connected via USB to a pc, and, the drive is mounted - unplug, or, disconnect the phone's sdcards from your pc.

Thanks for telling me this I don't want to lose that music. See the attached pics for the results although I don't know how to read the MD5 results. The phone is not connected to my PC when I'm trying to flash it.

cmandd

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to this post: XDA link and download the Full Stock RUU file. When it is done, the MD5 should read: 6ba6f7f2905017002e94dd7f1e8c7b0a

I downloaded and ran this one today, replaced everything back to internal memory and am enjoy ICS goodness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174