OK so who's getting one today and let's hear some initial impressions!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Sync function? Would somebody be so kind as to tell me how to make that happen please? :)

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out, at least with regard to the S Note stuff.

Rob

Here is the screen shot in case anyone else needs it. Glad you were able to find it.👍

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1382068874977.jpg
    1382068874977.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 42

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Note 3 and 10.1 combination really is great. Samsung is doing a great job and I'm eager for their Note 8.0 update.

from my Optimus G Pro

boltor

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
When setting up your tablet you have the option to set up the sync option for your notes with Evernote, Samsung, or none. I selected Samsung. Everything else is automatic

Does anyone have any feedback on how the s note to Evernote sync works? Just one way, or does Evernote updates sync back to s note?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any feedback on how the s note to Evernote sync works? Just one way, or does Evernote updates sync back to s note?

I'm sorry, but I can't answer for how the Evernote sync works. But what you are asking about is accomplished using the Samsung sync process. In fact, when you import and export notes using s-note your folders and sub-folders stay in tack. Previously I owned the original Note phone, later the Note 10.1 (2012), and then the Note 2. Now that I have the Note 3, and Note 10.1 (2014) I was able to set up my phone and tablet and have the notes import in with no problem and pick up editing right where I left off.

I like to use the Samsung cloud service because no matter which device I'm using I know my notes are always in sync (backward and forward).

If there is a downside, and I'm not sure it's really a downside, to this functionality, is that I am tied to s-notes, and by default Samsung. If you sync your notes with Evernote. Dropbox, or Google Drive, then at least you can keep your notes outside of the Samsung line of products.

boltor

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
^ thanks.

Yes, what I am trying to understand is how well s note integrates with evernote. In a sense, s note would just be for notes capture, with evernote as the storage / sync. anyway, maybe someone else uses evernote all the time and can advise...

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for over a week now and I absolutely love it. The only modification that I've made so far has been the nova launcher. I also did not enable any a Samsung applications by default. I'm sure there are other tweaks and modifications that could assist what the already high-speed performance on this tablet. I can't wait to hear other people's views throughout the day and tomorrow.

...Sent from my Tablet...Please excuse any typo's...

I too loaded Nova Launcher. I watched a few videos about it since I am new to anything Android. I love the "Pristine" icons and all the customization through the Nova settings. I am loving this tablet!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I too loaded Nova Launcher. I watched a few videos about it since I am new to anything Android. I love the "Pristine" icons and all the customization through the Nova settings. I am loving this tablet!

You've made a great investment in a great tool. Enjoy!

from my Optimus G Pro