[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay a bit random, but when you reboot from the power menu, when you reboot and select to reboot to recovery, it puts the phone in a boot loop. I was freaking out for a bit since I hate to restore all my data/apps and then I just went into CWM manually and it fixed it :) Cool story huh? ;)

Better than the Three Bears. Why would you select to reboot to Recovery? Do you mean to CWM? I thought CWM Recovery was a separate app.That ROM manager kept encouraging me to download.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't if I were you. Really, the only gain is that the whistling noise is fixed but you lose wifi. So stick with the 10/11 update and just use that libaudio.so file!

Thanks. I don't understand much of what goes on over at XDA but I kinda thought that was the case. I fixed the squeal once and it never came back.

Interesting note, using a headset, the volume rocker does not work and I was unable to adjust the incoming sound on a call. Got the new Klipsch headset which I like VERY much otherwise. It's dsigned specifically for Android and has a little app for controlling and adjusting things. Tres cool.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Better than the Three Bears. Why would you select to reboot to Recovery? Do you mean to CWM? I thought CWM Recovery was a separate app.That ROM manager kept encouraging me to download.

Reboot to recovery will boot you into CWM.

Recovery has two different meanings depending on your setup.

If your stock and not rooted then booting into recovery (Vol Down+Camera+Power) will boot you into stock recovery (Blue screen) and allow you to do the following.

Install an update.zip (this is how some updated to Froyo EB13 or EC05)
Device reset/full wipe

If your rooted well then the same technique will get you to CWM and all the things associated with CWM.

So if your running CM 7 or any ROM that has the Reboot into Recovery option in the shut down menu then you will boot into CWM. Basically it saves time and is more convenient to use this option if your going to shut down and immediately flash something in CMW or make a backup. (Saves wear and tear on your hard key buttons too ;) ) Didn't mean to make this a long story :)

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Reboot to recovery will boot you into CWM.

Recovery has two different meanings depending on your setup.

If your stock and not rooted then booting into recovery (Vol Down+Camera+Power) will boot you into stock recovery (Blue screen) and allow you to do the following.

Install an update.zip (this is how some updated to Froyo EB13 or EC05)
Device reset/full wipe

If your rooted well then the same technique will get you to CWM and all the things associated with CWM.

So if your running CM 7 or any ROM that has the Reboot into Recovery option in the shut down menu then you will boot into CWM. Basically it saves time and is more convenient to use this option if your going to shut down and immediately flash something in CMW or make a backup. (Saves wear and tear on your hard key buttons too ;) ) Didn't mean to make this a long story :)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

I was just wondering to see if it worked. I like to see where the ROM may have bugs and wherever it does, I try to avoid that specific area.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
New version !! WiFi is better!
edit.. Hmm really nothing much changed.. Incorporated the found source I guess..... almost there.. still same some of the annoyances... I can't make my daily until that is fixed, but will keep trying each version.. I wonder if CM7 will be fully workable before Samsung gives us official GB!! This is great...

Last edited:

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
still on the original. Didn't do the 1015 update and won't use This one either. When 4G and video are ready I will reflash. Till then it's zippy and stable with about one reset per 24 hours.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would imagine the 4g issue and video, etc will be hammered out as soon as official is released. Maybe even before then now that devs can download official source from Samsung's Open Source site....

Its coming very soon... Be patient a bit longer...

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine the 4g issue and video, etc will be hammered out as soon as official is released. Maybe even before then now that devs can download official source from Samsung's Open Source site....

Its coming very soon... Be patient a bit longer...

I'm just glad they got a fairly stable build of CM7 out there. And the bugs that they do have, don't really get in the way of what I do!

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
For me, I have to enable Wifi, select the network and put in the password. Then, switch off wifi, and when I turn it on it gets ip addy, and I'm connected. I've always had to do it that way. I am using it on my phone right now. The only problem that I have seems to be that I will put my contacts in the phone from the SD card, then I do the google update, and it takes some of my contacts off, then I have to re-add them. I'll be glad once the bugs are worked out, but overall I am very happy. And since my area won't have 4g for quite a while, I'm fine that it doesn't work.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
For me, I have to enable Wifi, select the network and put in the password. Then, switch off wifi, and when I turn it on it gets ip addy, and I'm connected. I've always had to do it that way. I am using it on my phone right now. The only problem that I have seems to be that I will put my contacts in the phone from the SD card, then I do the google update, and it takes some of my contacts off, then I have to re-add them. I'll be glad once the bugs are worked out, but overall I am very happy. And since my area won't have 4g for quite a while, I'm fine that it doesn't work.

If you read in the xda forums, some have had success with switching to a static IP and putting something in the address like 168.192.2.1.13 (I forget the exact addres but they are all generic):D

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
If you read in the xda forums, some have had success with switching to a static IP and putting something in the address like 168.192.2.1.13 (I forget the exact addres but they are all generic):D

I think I read those forums more than these now. It just seems like it stays in searching until I turn it off then back on again. But it's alright. I've switched to MIUI for right now, but once all bugs are worked out, then I'll try each for a week and see what I enjoy the most. I am happy with the progress on both of these roms, and am excited to see them both finished.

StoneRyno

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I installed the 10/19 build and I'm wondering should I go ahead and update to the 10/22 or whatever version is most recent at the time whoever replies to my post. So far the only issues I've had are the known issues: speaker squeal which appears to be call related as it happens after a call but goes away with a reboot. And wifi not staying on and not connecting. There are other issues but I'm not sure if they are bugs or simply caused by some other thing.

First the most annoying thing is appbrain didn't have my sync list so I couldn't one click install everything. Not sure why as it worked after wiping and flashing SFR 1.2 and it's previous version coming from stock ROM prior to EC05 and from EC05. Also next most annoying is ADW EX launcher screens backup doesn't restore any of the icons or widgets on my three screens but it did restore it to three from the default of 4 or 5. Also it appears ADW EX is a separate app from the preloaded ADW (for some reason I thought it was like juicedefender and replaces the lesser version). As a result ADW (and ADW EX) settings got ripped out of settings and put as it's own menu item. Not a big deal but I rather liked that it was inside the other. Also the customized menu is lost with EX which is disappointing as well because I like the ADW menu stock to this CM7. Anyway to gain the extra features of ADW EX and retain the CM7 ADW customizations?

Aside from that is a matter of apps not preloaded in the ROM that I use and want to have. Will there be a problem if I restore them using titanium backup root? The apps are Voicemail (preloaded stock and SFR ROMs), Calculator (the one preloaded stock and SFR ROMs), GalaxyTuner (preloaded SFR ROM), and Swype (preloaded stock and SFR ROMs). Outside of those there is a mess of two dozen maybe more stuff that was backed up with titanium backup root too much to list and I don't know if there is a way to export the info so I can post somewhere with curiosity of what it all is and whatnot.

Are you able to send sms and mms messages? I read in XDA that people were having issues with this.

I sent and recieved a few SMS using the built in messaging app. So I'm figuring all is working fine. I send so few compared to most that it's rare that I notice a problem if there is one.

Not like Sprint is increasing the wimax footprint

Sprint has abandoned wimax for LTE. They went with that company that was building the network to beat the competition for first and got burned by them rolling out to slow and lack of funding to continue. Downside is the early adopters get burned as they have no benefit for the extra piece of hardware inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali