[ROM]Superclean 2.8!! *UPDATED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
tnez - sounds like you're gonna beat me to it, and you're probably going to try it out, so let me know how flashing your theme on the edify works out for you and which theme you're flashing? Thanks for pioneering for me, man.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Did u flash kernel

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I downloaded it but it isn't on my phone and has not been flashed yet. I'm new to this and didn't realize (wasn't paying close enough attention) that it wasn't included. Should it have been installed first and then the frankenclean?

It's been about 10 minutes and still the Samsung screen is there. I'm thinking about taking it back to 2.6 and then doing the frank again. AND the kernel.

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
tnez - sounds like you're gonna beat me to it, and you're probably going to try it out, so let me know how flashing your theme on the edify works out for you and which theme you're flashing? Thanks for pioneering for me, man.

No problem just waiting for the download to finish at 90% on my phone right now

afbar1114

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded it but it isn't on my phone and has not been flashed yet. I'm new to this and didn't realize (wasn't paying close enough attention) that it wasn't included. Should it have been installed first and then the frankenclean?

It's been about 10 minutes and still the Samsung screen is there. I'm thinking about taking it back to 2.6 and then doing the frank again. AND the kernel.

Flash sc then kernel before rebot

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
do you flash them both (2.7 and the kernel) at the same time like one right after another? Or do you flash one reboot then go back and flash the other?

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I finally flashed the 2.7 patch and a theme and now we have 2.7.1 edify rom!! Downloading now. On a side note will 2.7 run on cwm 2.5x or should we be updating to 3.0? Is 3.0 any better than what we have now?

Did you ever get your answer to which cw red or orange will install this?

tnez21

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

op states SC doesn't include the kernel and that its version neutral. I doubt you have to flash the EB16 kernel first. If you're having issues it might be with your recovery. Does your phone boot straight into CWM or does it go to blue recovery first?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So if I understand correctly, if you currently are on 2.6 all you need to do is install the patch to upgrade to 2.7 with disabled hotspot monitoring. If you have 2.5 or less it's better to flash the 2.7 rom.

Is this correct?

where can i d/l the 2.7 ROM? i only see the patch

What features did the 2.7 ROM have that the 2.7 patch doesn't have? Or are they they same?

this is exactly what i am trying to find out as well.

The patches ARE the differences in 2.6 and 2.7, so if you run the patches (in red cw - I believe), then you essentially have 2.7. The non-voodoo rom is down right now, and will probably not exist because of the patch. Adryn will probably go right to 2.8.

so all i need to do is install the patch, and i will have 2.7?
sorry for being a PITA.
i got nervous because the size of the patch is only 1.75mb versus the normal 143mb +/- for the previous versions.

So just to reiterate super_frankenclean_2_7_1_all.zip is essentially 2.7 patch. So if I have the 2.7 patch already there is no need for super_frankenclean_2_7_1_all.zip?

To install the Superfrankenclean 2.7 version do I use the Odin or just copy the zip file to my phone and run that?

I'm currently with the 2.7 patch that was posted earlier.

I ran the super frankenclean 2.7.1 all zip and after rebooting my phone just hangs at the Samsung screen. Should I be patient because it's doing something or is there a problem?

How long is a good while?

OK, everyone. I'm going to answer you all in one post. Take a look at the first post in this thread. See how as you scroll down each version of superclean is labeled and each version lists a changelog of what was changed? Those are complete ROMs. See how each one is labeled and how there is a voodoo and a non voodoo version? Those are complete ROMs. Now look at 2.7. Does it look like the other versions? Is there a heading listing 2.7 then a voodoo and a non voodoo listed under that heading? Is there a changelog listed? No, there is simply a patch listed. There was a 2.7 heading yesterday with both a voodoo and a non voodoo listed. Those are gone now because Adrynalyne has pulled both. The only thing listed in the first post is the patch which only installs what Adrynalyne listed in his post from this morning.
If you already downloaded one of the ROMs to your phone yesterday and got past the boot stage Adrynalyne is saying you can keep and run that ROM with no problem. If you get stuck at boot with the ROM for more than 5 to 10 minutes, the ROM will not work for you and your only option is to flash the patch in cwm which will not give you the full ROM. If you do not currently have the ROM downloaded, you are not going to be able to get it unless someone who has it is willing to send it to you. The full superclean ROMs have been in the neighborhood of 140MB. This patch is only 1.75MB, and is just like flashing any of the patches listed toward the bottom of the first post in this thread such as the nuance patch, the stock clock patch, TW patch, etc.

Grinchjr

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
op states SC doesn't include the kernel and that its version neutral. I doubt you have to flash the EB16 kernel first. If you're having issues it might be with your recovery. Does your phone boot straight into CWM or does it go to blue recovery first?

Mine boots to the blue recovery then I have to load update zip. Is this bad?

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

I get blue first and then run the update.zip.

I just flashed back to 2.6 and will begin the process to frank again when it finishes booting.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey landshark there is a new thing up its 2.7.1 its not a patch. I got the patch early today and this is a rom its 119mb big so thats way diff then the 2 mb that was the patch.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I am downloading 2.7.1 as I am typing. I have the eb16 non-voodoo kernel already on my phone. I am thinking about going voodoo. Is it as easy as downloading eb16 voodoo and installing that after I install 2.7.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT