Samsung messages sending stuff on it's own

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been using Samsung Phones (S4, note 5, note 7, note 9 and now Note 20 Ultra) and Samsung tablets (note 8, Tab S3 and now Tab s7) for years. For the past several years I've used Pulse messages so my messages sync between my devices and I can text on my tablet. Last year I decided to check out some new features in Samsung messages and as soon as I made it my default messaging app it immediately sent out over 30 old messages containing photos. All the messages were re-sent to the original recipient but most of them were well over 6 months old. For the next 2 hours I had to field and respond to a bunch of confused contacts😅 I switched back to Pulse and no more problems. Since then I've bought a Note 20 Ultra and just recently bought a Tab S7. Since I wanted to use the "call and text from another device" feature I reluctantly switched back to Samsung messages. All was fine for a few days then all of a sudden my phone sent out over 20 old messages. Again I've had to disable Samsung messages and switch back to Pulse. There is quite a bit of info about this issue out there but no real solution that I've been able to find. Has anyone had this problem?
TP

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Samsung messages since 2012 on the S3, I've never had it send old messages.

I used to switch back and forth between Samsung Messages and Verizon Messenger without issue but never used your messaging app.

RAvEcREAToR23

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I use chomp sms since Galaxy S3 😅 customization and everything almost perfect 😍 not enough customization was on Samsung messages so thats why i quit 🥴

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it only when I switched between Samsung Messages, and the Google Messages app using RCS. Sometimes when I go from one to the other, the new app I am using will have a few messages "not sent" and then it'll try to send it if I touched the message. I thought it had something to do with the way it stores legacy SMS messages and RCS SMS messages.