still waiting for 5.1

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When i first turned on my 6 it updated to 5.0.1 which i knew was dated already since i have been using 5.1 on my Nex5.

Try using Nexus Root Toolkit by Wugfresh. This program is a must have for any Nexus user. You can complete any changes,updates,downgrades in one click. I've used it on my Nexus 5 for over a year and I used it the first day I got my Nexus 6. Unlocked and rooted and as always updating to the latest 5.1 update. With the NRT you can always get the latest update just after official release. You will not defect any feature on your phone. The Nexus line of devices were developed for rooting and tweaking. Even if you don't like root for whatever reason. The program has an Unroot feature and an OEM lock which put your phones settings back to stock and locked default.

If you want 5.1 now this is the easiest and fastest way to upgrade.

Think this is what I've seen mentioned elsewhere. Can i also use it to sideload OTAs and not worry about rooting/unlocking at the moment?

What's the site for it? Thanks!

AC App
Nexus 6

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So I should find a friend on t-mobile and ask to borrow their sim lol.

AC App
Nexus 6

Try it. I could have sideloaded it but I just did not want to do it unless if this other method failed. I have done of that on my HP Touchpad countless times, but my phone needs to be a daily driver with no chance of fubaring it.

Posted via the Android Central App

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Google play nexus with Verizon sim. Finally gave in and did the sim pull/reset method, within seconds of getting wifi I was prompted to download 5.1. Clearly Verizon is blocking the update and for some reason Google is allowing it.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Google play nexus with Verizon sim. Finally gave in and did the sim pull/reset method, within seconds of getting wifi I was prompted to download 5.1. Clearly Verizon is blocking the update and for some reason Google is allowing it.
It might not be that Verizon is blocking it, per se, but rather they haven't pushed it for some people yet. or it might have been a total coincidence

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It might not be that Verizon is blocking it, per se, but rather they haven't pushed it for some people yet. or it might have been a total coincidence

Certainly seems like the carriers (VZW and AT&T anyway) are slowing things down. Maybe this is the trade off for Nexus devices becoming so much more readily available through said carriers.

I finally gave in and sideloaded 5.1D on my Google Play N6 w/AT&T sim.

AC App
Nexus 6

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

Consistrently not pushing out updates for months after they are available for every single drvicr on their networm is the same as blocking to me.

- An angry Verizon customer

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Consistrently not pushing out updates for months after they are available for every single drvicr on their networm is the same as blocking to me.

- An angry Verizon customer
You do bring up a good point there. I guess Verizon really does hate the Nexus line of phones 😒

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My N6 came straight from Play Store. Has Cricket Wireless (ATT)sim. Still no update. This is the first Nexus I haven't rooted. I'm about ready to sideload!

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Got the update this morning on a N6 sourced direct from Moto and running on ATT. Did not pull SIM or anything else and not even on Wi-Fi at the time. I woke up and there it was.....

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've read that some people are having issues with phone not booting when sideloading with a locked bootloader. Anyone experience this or have any opinions?

I sideloaded the 5.1 build D OTA with no issues. Totally stock, not unlocked or rooted, with an AT&T sim.

AC App
Nexus 6

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Tried this today since I hadn't received the 5.1 OTA yet.

[Settings] -> [Apps] -> swipe over to [All] -> scroll to [Google Services Framework] and tap to open.
Clear Data then Force Stop
Now go back to [About phone] -> [System updates] and manually check for the update.

5.1 is downloading now...

Update: While I've never had any issues using this method there could be potential risks involved. YMMV

Sure enough I haven't been getting gmail pushed to me since I tried this. I have to manually refresh within the app. Anyone know how to get things like this back on track after trying the frameworks trick?

AC App
Nexus 6

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone receive 5.1 on a Google Play Nexus 6 with a verizon sim yet? Still nothing here.

I read that I can pull sim and factory reset and it'll be there after you set up wifi, but without the sim how will my phone know which 5.1 update to install because Verizon is the "E" update with volte and hopefully xlte for faster data speeds.

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sure enough I haven't been getting gmail pushed to me since I tried this. I have to manually refresh within the app. Anyone know how to get things like this back on track after trying the frameworks trick?

AC App
Nexus 6

While I've never had this happen, possible fixes I've seen include;
1. Clear cache, or clear cache & data on the GMail app.
2. Remove your Google account from the phone > reboot > add your Google account back.
3. Factory reset and re-activate your phone on your Google account.

Hopefully other members can add easier or more effective ways to solve this issue.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

AC App
Nexus 6

Your not supposed to do that. It screw's up your Google id with their servers. The only fix now is to sign out of, then back into your Google account.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Your not supposed to do that. It screw's up your Google id with their servers. The only fix now is to sign out of, then back into your Google account.

Yes, I know you're not supposed to do that. Like many, I gave in to temptation.

AC App
Nexus 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leopeva64