still waiting for 5.1

az86018

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else not get 5.1 yet? Got my N6 recently from moto and it updated to 5.0.1 once it got a WiFi signal. Now it isn't updating even with a vzw sim in it. Wonder how much longer it's going to be..

Posted via the Android Central App

az86018

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else not get 5.1 yet? Got my N6 recently from moto and it updated to 5.0.1 once it got a WiFi signal. Now it isn't updating even with a vzw sim in it. Wonder how much longer it's going to be..

Google support page says it could take up to two weeks. 5.1 was released three weeks ago ... missed deadline!

Dezolis

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here but I haven't gotten the notification popup after that fact. I did the download for the update when i was prompted but after that im still on 5.0.1 One other thing my phone never restarted after it supposedly applied the update.I restarted manually but nothng has changed.

This exact same thing happened to me. Downloaded and installed it, said it needed to restart but then just went to the home screen. Restarted it and nothing, even did a factory restore. Still on 5.01
Except I haven't gotten the download 5.1 notification again.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
FYI from Des.... Posted 1 hour ago.

@askdes: PSA: @TMobile #Nexus6 custys still waiting on the 5.1 update should be receiving their updates now!

Paul Fallon

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
The sim card is preventing it from downloading! Take the sim out and it will download. Sounds like Att or T mobile

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Tried this today since I hadn't received the 5.1 OTA yet.

[Settings] -> [Apps] -> swipe over to [All] -> scroll to [Google Services Framework] and tap to open.
Clear Data then Force Stop
Now go back to [About phone] -> [System updates] and manually check for the update.

5.1 is downloading now...

Update: While I've never had any issues using this method there could be potential risks involved. YMMV
Tried but didn't work for me unfortunately, guess I'll go back to waiting patiently

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually never got a notification for an update at all. At the time, I was rooted so maybe that had to do with it, I don't know.

I had to manually update to build LYM47M in the end.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on Verizon gotten this without some sort of trickery? I am starting to wonder if unlocked phones on the Verizon network will not get the update, and if it's up to Verizon it'll surely be months. Maybe I'll try pulling my Sim card, but what a pain.

mwara244

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone on Verizon gotten this without some sort of trickery? I am starting to wonder if unlocked phones on the Verizon network will not get the update, and if it's up to Verizon it'll surely be months. Maybe I'll try pulling my Sim card, but what a pain.

Nexus 6 Google Play device, Verizon cut micro sim, still no 5.1

I too am wondering about this update as it is the first update ota that I'm getting. Verizon doesn't recognize my device yet, but Google Play sees it as a Verizon wireless Nexus 6. Curious to know how they make the distinction on which build a phone gets. I can not pull out my sim or it won't be recognized if I put it back in and will have to factory reset to get sim to work again and go through the whole installation b s.

sictheangel

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I never got mine either, I had to install the OTA build LYM47M manually a few days ago. Of course, I was rooted at the time, so that night have been the reason why, I don't know.

chad markham

May 19, 2013
Visit site
When i first turned on my 6 it updated to 5.0.1 which i knew was dated already since i have been using 5.1 on my Nex5.

Try using Nexus Root Toolkit by Wugfresh. This program is a must have for any Nexus user. You can complete any changes,updates,downgrades in one click. I've used it on my Nexus 5 for over a year and I used it the first day I got my Nexus 6. Unlocked and rooted and as always updating to the latest 5.1 update. With the NRT you can always get the latest update just after official release. You will not defect any feature on your phone. The Nexus line of devices were developed for rooting and tweaking. Even if you don't like root for whatever reason. The program has an Unroot feature and an OEM lock which put your phones settings back to stock and locked default.

If you want 5.1 now this is the easiest and fastest way to upgrade.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the US unlocked GSM with the T-Mobile chip. I an using AT&T's Cricket. To update to 5.1 I swapped Sim and rebooted. Over on T-Mobile it update. One done reboring. I swapped Sim back to cricket and all's good.

I never activated the T-Mobile chip. I just needed to be on its network. I hope some of you find this helpful. This method does not require anything funky except switching Sim chips.

mgftp

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 Google Play device, Verizon cut micro sim, still no 5.1

I too am wondering about this update as it is the first update ota that I'm getting. Verizon doesn't recognize my device yet, but Google Play sees it as a Verizon wireless Nexus 6. Curious to know how they make the distinction on which build a phone gets. I can not pull out my sim or it won't be recognized if I put it back in and will have to factory reset to get sim to work again and go through the whole installation b s.

Pull Sim, rest phone, install update, insert sim.... A bit of a pain but I finally got tired of waiting and did it, so happy to have volte again and visual voicemail. Knowing Verizon, if it's up to them the update will be out early 2016.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the US unlocked GSM with the T-Mobile chip. I an using AT&T's Cricket. To update to 5.1 I swapped Sim and rebooted. Over on T-Mobile it update. One done reboring. I swapped Sim back to cricket and all's good.

I never activated the T-Mobile chip. I just needed to be on its network. I hope some of you find this helpful. This method does not require anything funky except switching Sim chips.

So I should find a friend on t-mobile and ask to borrow their sim lol.

AC App
Nexus 6