The simple things your Nexus 6P just can't do right? or at all?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: The simple things your Nexus 6P just cant do right? or at all?

My Moto N6 does this too when the screen is on.

If I rotate the screen playing music it cuts out.

You guys have got to have some app in common which is causing this behavior. I vote for a game as they are most likely to take over the device's audio and rotation sensors and some have been known to not relinquish control correctly when they should...

Rails Ruby

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site

Huh?

I mean, huh? What exactly do you mean?

I can arrange apps in launcher be it Sense Launcher, or Samsung Launcher or even LG launcher but can't do in Google Launcher.. in Google launcher its annoying every time you'll install new app your all apps location most probably will change unless you install something starts with z then it goes at end.. I don't want when I install new apps I have to look or find for even my old apps which I use often. hope you get what I mean.

User_Agent

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

I have issues with SmartLock not keeping the phone unlocked. I have it set to stay unlocked by location, home and work locations, plus my home PC with Bluetooth. I'll be at work, use the phone, put it down for 5 minutes, walk away from my desk carrying the phone. I try to turn it on to check something, and it asks me for my unlock pattern. This is inconsistent, it does work about half of the time. Same thing at home, about half the time (and I'll have been using it in the last 10 minutes) I'll pick it up and when I turn it on it asks for my pattern. My previous phone was MUCH more consistent.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I can arrange apps in launcher be it Sense Launcher, or Samsung Launcher or even LG launcher but can't do in Google Launcher.. in Google launcher its annoying every time you'll install new app your all apps location most probably will change unless you install something starts with z then it goes at end.. I don't want when I install new apps I have to look or find for even my old apps which I use often. hope you get what I mean.

If you use an app often, why not drag a copy of its icon to one of the unlimited number of available home screens? Then it will always be exactly where you put it and you won't need to scroll through the app drawer to find it??

Also, are you aware that you can create folders on any home screen? For example, I have all of my fitness-related apps in a folder on my main home screen - just tap the folder to open and then tap to select an app. Ninety-nine percent of my frequently used apps are no more than two taps away.

To create a new folder, just drop one icon directly on top of another. A folder is automatically created; drop as many additional icons into it as you wish. Tap once to open the folder, tap on "Unnamed folder" at the bottom and then rename it as desired.

JTIII

May 29, 2013
Visit site

My biggest complaints (I have 2) are both related to the lock screen.

1. If you turn off the screen using any method other than the power button (or normal time-out), then you will be prompted for your PIN/PW when you try to unlock the phone. Neither Smart Lock nor Nexus Imprint will unlock it. This is very annoying, since I use a program called Gravity Screen to automatically turn off my screen when I put the phone in my pocket. Now, I can only "blank" the screen with it, not actually turn it off. This sometimes leads to accidental screen presses against my leg while in my pocket, such as the Play Music widget on the lockscreen. Gravity Screen would have prevented this, by keeping my phone's screen off.

2. Opening programs while the screen is locked is very difficult. For example, if my phone connects to my car's radio via BT. It will show the last podcast that I listened to in PocketCasts on my radio's display (so far, so good), but if I press Play on my radio, nothing happens. That's because the phone needs to actually open PocketCasts, and it refuses to do so because the screen is locked. If I unlock the screen, then the Play button works fine. If the app is currently running behind the lockscreen, then it also works. It's simply loading the app that fails. Yet, for some reason, I can load it from Android Wear just fine.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Both of those irritate me too but I'd forgotten/got used to them. The screen off one is just daft, why you can't unlock with the fingerprint sensor I don't know.

Posted via the Android Central App

jdawgnoonan

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Install the beta version of the Google app and your home screen will rotate with the Google Now Launcher. Mine does.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

My biggest complaints (I have 2) are both related to the lock screen.

1. If you turn off the screen using any method other than the power button (or normal time-out), then you will be prompted for your PIN/PW when you try to unlock the phone. Neither Smart Lock nor Nexus Imprint will unlock it. This is very annoying, since I use a program called Gravity Screen to automatically turn off my screen when I put the phone in my pocket. Now, I can only "blank" the screen with it, not actually turn it off. This sometimes leads to accidental screen presses against my leg while in my pocket, such as the Play Music widget on the lockscreen. Gravity Screen would have prevented this, by keeping my phone's screen off.

2. Opening programs while the screen is locked is very difficult. For example, if my phone connects to my car's radio via BT. It will show the last podcast that I listened to in PocketCasts on my radio's display (so far, so good), but if I press Play on my radio, nothing happens. That's because the phone needs to actually open PocketCasts, and it refuses to do so because the screen is locked. If I unlock the screen, then the Play button works fine. If the app is currently running behind the lockscreen, then it also works. It's simply loading the app that fails. Yet, for some reason, I can load it from Android Wear just fine.

1. Have you considered the possibility that this is a Gravity problem and not a 6P/Marshmallow problem? How have you configured Gravity:

Capture.PNG

2. Have you configured SmartLock to automatically unlock your phone when connected to your car's Bluetooth? And, again, if it doesn't work, have you considered that it may be a Gravity problem?

Finally, in Settings -> Security -> Power button instantly locks. Is yours on or off?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Well, it doesn't now. Maybe it does with nova launcher, but I prefer GNL and don't care if my home screen rotates.

You are correct. It doesn't now but did before, and does with Nova.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Visual Voicemail Verizon......REALLY miss this!

How, or why, is this a Nexus 6P (and/or Marshmallow) issue?

Wouldn't this be a Verizon issue? If they fail to keep their own apps up to date?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Visual Voicemail Verizon......REALLY miss this!

This is more of a Verizon issue with them wanting to control everything. The built in VVM within the phone app works perfectly on T-Mobile.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

- AT&T LTE signal/connection issue after 6.0.1 update (not isolated to AT&T same issue with many carriers worldwide based on Google Help Page forum complaints)
- No VoLTE capability on AT&T

Last edited:

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

This is more of a Verizon issue with them wanting to control everything. The built in VVM within the phone app works perfectly on T-Mobile.

Indeed, AT&T Visual Voicemail app from the App store works just fine too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chezsu

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site

So what? The guy misses it and he can't do it (Visual Voicemail) on his 6p :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani