The "What temporary phone are you using while you wait" Thread

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a whole drawer full of old phones. Anyone want my Nokia 6230? ;) I'm still using my GS2 (SGH-T989)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sideslippy

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm using a Motorola Triumph that works half the time since two weeks ago. I got the backorder email so I may end up going back to my samsung intercept.

I'm also using the triumph, I can't wait to replace this slow thing ha. Good games lag, phone doesn't charge unless wiggle the cord

steve31

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say but I am a phone junkie. I have the iPhone 5, Galaxy s3 and the Galaxy Note 2 to pick from while I wait.

wahoo25

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
samsung gt-b3410
973.jpg
I hate this phone. QWERTY is self inflicted cruel and unusual punishment.

lost my Samsung vibrant few weeks ago and using this dung phone.

bangnbounce

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
A One X, with a big crack on the screen.

On a side note, did anyone else expect the N4 to be sold out that quickly? I thought it might, but I feel play store dropped the ball on this. It was game day and they should have been prepared. But, oh well the waiting just makes it even better once I get it.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A One X, with a big crack on the screen.

On a side note, did anyone else expect the N4 to be sold out that quickly? I thought it might, but I feel play store dropped the ball on this. It was game day and they should have been prepared. But, oh well the waiting just makes it even better once I get it.

I didn't know Google would sell out this quickly, but it was soon made apparent after reading both these forums, as well as tech news. The Nexus 4 sold out in like 20 mins in Australia right? When I read that I was like WTF. But still it wasn't too disheartening. I then saw the headlines for the UK release and same outcome as the Aus release; sold out in a matter of moments. So, I told myself that whatever happens, I WILL get this phone. So reading through the forums i saw everyone pointing towards a 12 AM release... then a 3 AM release... then a 9 AM release... then something about breakfast time in Europe... {?}. Anyway I set my notification volumes to max on my GS3, Note II, and Nexus 7 and let's just say that night I didn't go through sufficient REM cycles... :mad:

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My daily driver right now is a AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy S3 (running CM10 10.0.0). Now, I could always pop my SIM into my old HTC Explorer which only gets Edge on AT&T and is running stock 2.3.6 (?)

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the iphone I got from the "will it blend?" guy haha jk
using my EVO V 4G running mobsterz unsensable rom, guess I can't complain too much.

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
LG Optimus V.
It's running ICS so I can live with it for a bit longer.

Are you using Bob's ICS rom?

I deactivated my optimus V and gave it to my GF the night before launch lol, so now I'm using an LG Expo that I unlocked from AT&T. I have my micro Sim card that I was going to use on my Nexus 4, so with some fiddling and some tape, I got it to work. (didn't feel like ordering an adapter).
This phone has a resistive screen (uses pressure to detect touch) which really blows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia