U.S. Cellular is exchanging S3s starting 10/1!

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, it's certainly not worse. It is better, just not what I've come to expect from USCC..

Sent from my Galaxy S III on U.S. Cellular

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Dang man ok. Thanks for the advice. Just nervous for when i get mine. I really hope i get a new phone today instead of a refurbished one since i paid for a brand new one and it had problems. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

country23

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
They can tell when you activate your phone if its new or a refurbished one .
I've had mine for a week and noticed a huge improvement. Same areas where I dropped
Calls before this phone has no problems .
However data connection seems to freeze at times.

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a tech rep that some of the replacements were refurbs and some were new. I have had three and all were junk. I was told yesterday by the latest replacements were all to be new units from Samsung, and are to be killers! But Iv heard this before. Thanks for letting me gripe.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So i got mine this evening...it was a new phone thankfully. Ive noticed better signal quality so far where i usually didnt have much. I havent called much in the few hours since ive had it so idk how that is yet. But over all im happy so far.

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
10-15 Got #4 today it was the worst yet. No satisfaction from customer service! They wanted to send another one. No thanks. Im going to ATT and Motoral. Good luck.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Called USCC today. They're sending me another one.
I did ask if it was a new device and not refurb. They said for this program, they are all new.

Sent from my Galaxy S III on U.S. Cellular

iowastudio

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
You may not need to replace it. I found if you have ANY metal / aluminum in your case, your signal quality and data performance is heavily impacted. In my case, my aluminum case completely wiped out my data service and was creating the dropped call problem. I think US Cellular is going to find this was the majority of the problem since they have no way of knowing which phones are having issues. Most of the cases now days have aluminum plating or a brushed look to them for eye candy, well this destroys the call / data quality. Easiest way to determine if this is your problem is to download the APP: Speedtest Run the test with the case on, run it without the case and check the speed results of each. It will quickly tell you if that is the problem. Also, make sure you wait a minute or two when adding or removing the case to get accurate results.

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
My case was all plastic and rubber,a ballistic sg maxx.I tryed all four phones with and without the case,with and without 4g.One of the phones was a used one Im sure. I talked to usc 10-16 to cancel and see what they were welling to refund my out pocket. Not much other than to send #5 or a differnt model phone. I havent decided what I will do yet. They do not have another with the specs of gs3. thanks

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I talked to usc today to cancel my acount and see what I could get for my out of pocket. They would not do anything but replace my gs3 or relpace it with another model. Does any one any thing about the Gaxaly note2? thanks for any help.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm about in the same place as you. On my 3rd, and it's not off to a great start. If this continues, I'll try the Note II

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I thnk all the carriers have had problems with the gs3 dropping calls and some software issues. Atts coverage in my area is very spoty, so I guess I well try the note2 The only real deff. in it and the gs3 is no google voice and the guad core processer That is all I could find other than size. thanks

mlewis76

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I read that this phone has No internal antenna because of the 3g n 4g. Idk tho. I havent had any problems with mine.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe