U.S. Cellular is exchanging S3s starting 10/1!

dominicd12

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
my dad got a lemon s3 actually 3 of them replaced 4 times. its the radio in the phone and keep trying i got a homer the first s3 myself and who cares if it is refurbished have u ever owned anything in your life that has had problems. a tv the left speaker went out on a fridge that didnt freeze refurbished devices actually pass an inspection on a per device basis where in a production env they get check every thousand/hundred etc

dominicd12

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
the two best android manufacturers have been htc and samsung. they made an opps with this one but overall they are second to htc which was the flagship android device.
The dropped calls seem to be a Samsung trait. Look the forums over for Samsung on other carriers

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
If you buy the best on the market from a provider ,that is what you expect. If you buy a refurb unit you get it a reduced price, for a samsung gs3 around $50.00 not $200.00. Thanks

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I got my samsung note2 10/30, a lot better than the gaxaly s3. It has everything the gs3 has plus some. The singal is not alot better but it does not drop calls, and I have not got to use it alot but after four days and few hours of play time some calls and stand by for 3days 4hrs it still at 33% charge. Not bad in my book Thanks

Miranda Baird

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
The s3 is absolutely horrible. I left USCC a few months back because of constant problems. We went back and I am starting to regret it. We have only had a month and on second phones and they are refurbished. When I pay the price of a new phone I expect to get a new phone in return. We were told if these ones have problems they were not going to mess with exchanging for same phone again. We will be getting the note II instead. I grew up in the area im in and always had USCC and never a problem. This phone over all SUCKS.. Worst phone ever made by Samsung and sold by USCC..

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with a refurbished item from a trust worthy company. Mass production is not good for the environment so more companies should be recycling their returned products. Not just putting back in the box and selling it. I'm sure all of you guys know what refurbrishing does. I just bought a $200 HP LaserPrinter for $94 but it was refurbished. I got it yesterday and it looked and worked brand spanking new. Now physical or internal problems. That's because when they actually refurbish the item they check for any problems. If there are any they replace those parts with brand new parts.

So unless you see a difference between new and refurbished you will be fine. It's just sad that the quality of refurbished phone is the lowest out of all electronics.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm done with uscc. I'm on my 4th s3 and still having signal issues. Their final offer for me was to pay 50% off retail to get into a note after never having a properly working s3 for 6 months. That's another $400 out of my pocket. I told them I'm taking my business elsewhere. Going to big red.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

2wickid

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a gripe. I have the S3 32 GB phone and the *only* replacement is the S4 16 GB?!? Was anyone else told this also or has anyone gotten a S4 32 GB in exchange? I think this is so wrong!:confused:

GeoffS

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second S3 - same performance. My wife and a couple of friends swapped twice with no improvement and then went to an LG (I forget which model - probably the F7). They seem happy with them. I'm undecided what to do.

My first choice would be to jump ship to another carrier ("Belief" seems to be a step backward from earlier/simpler plans that attracted me to USCC in the first place). We have a large family plan, so my wishes aren't the only ones to consider...

Does anyone know how the S4 is on USCC's network?

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know from personal experience as I've since left USCC over my ridiculous treatment by customer disservice... However my boss tried an S4 on USCC and experienced similar signal issues. Swapped it for the LG.

Sent from my Carbonized Nexus 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001