Update Available!!!!

redbullsc10

May 29, 2011
Visit site
So far so good for me only issue i have had was the mute sound on calls and after update have not had problem and a few calls beenmade

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Had my update since 6am and so far so good. I was only having the no audio on calls once in a great while. Ill let you guys know if I experience it anymore at all

Septiformus

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have the prox issue until the update, now I do, that is my only issue so far, it just has to hang on until the 30th, then I'm stuck with it

superbovine

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone determined why some phones won't update? Mine was in that bunch, even after factory reset it would fail update. I had to manually apply the leak to get it current. I haven't seen but a handful of people that had that problem and haven't seen any revelations on the matter.

gmonkey88

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had the update since 9am. So far so good. Call quality is better. I don't get any audio cut outs like some others have noticed. And my browser seems much faster and rendering the page.

Great work sprint/Motorola.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I updated and I still get the sleep of death. Now this only happens when i go into work at 7 and at my break at 9 its off. There was another forum that mentioned this happening when the signal gets low that might be my case too cause im in a big building but IDK. Going Saturday to get a new phone if possible this is my second one. The other issues were fixed with the update just not this one.

DaBigBR

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Okay...24 hours down with the update and time for well, an update:

I am a very light PHONE user, but I was encountering the silent call issue a couple times a day. Since the update was rolled out I have NOT encountered that issue again. This includes making periodic calls to voicemail just to see if it's working. From this end, the update is fantastic. I had a couple of phone-in court hearings the other day and found myself pre-emptively rebooting the phone a few minutes before I expected them to call.

Performance otherwise has remained good. I do not run any performance benchmarking apps, so I cannot give a quantifiable measure here, and my phone was snappy before the update. The 3G speeds appear to remain much better than pre-update.

HOWEVER...I have encountered some random crashes from the browser, even when loading pages that I successfully visited prior to the update. I also encountered a system crash/lockup when the widget clock auto-launched last night before bed (this was with the charging cable plugged in, FWIW). The phone rebooted itself and the issue was not repeated.

All-in-all the update has been entirely worth it. I cannot specifically tie the minor issues that I have experienced since to the update, either.

ccrooks

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I updated and I still get the sleep of death. Now this only happens when i go into work at 7 and at my break at 9 its off. There was another forum that mentioned this happening when the signal gets low that might be my case too cause im in a big building but IDK. Going Saturday to get a new phone if possible this is my second one. The other issues were fixed with the update just not this one.
same exact issue here, to the T. i have to lock my phone up in a file cabinet outside of the office and when i go back to get it a couple hours later, it's dead.

anything special that you had to do to get a new handset? going to re-up mine this weekend, too...

Asquinol

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Update from me on mine. Haven't had any real issues since the update. No more muted calls, no sleep of death (never experienced that issue).

However I do notice that when I use WiFi that my browser always stalls out, or when I go to the market, I just get a spinning circle w/ loading...

I don't remember it ever doing this before the update but I had only had my phone for a couple of days and only had the muted audio on phone call happen to me once.