ZeroLemon Case arrived

respibob

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered the ZeroLemon case for my Note 4 and it arrived today. It said it wasn't supposed to be released until the 22nd but I am not griping. The only problem is I am at work and the battery is at home. I know a lot of people say it makes your phone a brick but I had the case for my Note 3 and loved it. Hopefully this one works as well as the Note 3 battery!

kurt p

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
When did you place your order for your battery? I just placed my order today, I'm hoping it comes earlier than the estimated delivery date

Posted via the Android Central App

respibob

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered it around the first of December. It says that wasn't supposed to come out till the 22nd but it arrived yesterday. And yes it is big and yes it is heavier but I will gladly take heavier and bigger for battery life any day. It feels solid in my hand and it feels like it could take any drop so I like that too.
I just took it off the charger this morning after 12 hours on overnight so I hopefully will have some input on the battery life in a few days.

Posted via my awesome Note 4

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Oddly, I like the extra bulk and heft. I was considering the otterbox defender but this was the same price WITH an added external battery. What is the 12-hour charge supposed to do (I did this but am still unsure of the reasoning.)

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Amazon has the Hyperion 8000 mAh on sale for 0.01, yes, 1 cent. Ordered mine and got the confirmation email. I have the ZL for the Note 3 but it doesn't fit in my wallet, so I'm content with the 8000 and a tpu case with tempered glass screen protector.

f63d2544afb2a60846534d9041203445.jpg

via The Note 4

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't see it for that price. It is $39.99.

I believe I saw an article that said there was a glitch in Amazon's system that was showing some items mistakenly priced at $.01. I think it was yesterday.

EDIT: Just confirmed the article was on Engadget 3 days ago on 12/15/2014. The article said it occurred in the UK, though, and the transactions are being reviewed and may be overturned. Apparently, some pretty expensive items were mispriced in error.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine and am charging up the battery. It says its at 100% but it also says it's still charging, which is really confusing. When I first set it up and turned it on, it said it had 56% battery. The screen protector that came with it is great although there is a small bubble on the bottom I couldn't get rid of. So far the only downside I can find is that the optical heart rate sensor on the back is too recessed so I can't actually use it to measure my pulse or blood oxygen level anymore.
2014-12-19 21.08.19.jpg

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So I first charged my battery for 18 hours (Initial charge should at least be 12 hours but I charged it in the afternoon and through the night.)

SOT: close to 17 hours with 13% battery life left.

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I just got mine and am charging up the battery. It says its at 100% but it also says it's still charging, which is really confusing. When I first set it up and turned it on, it said it had 56% battery. The screen protector that came with it is great although there is a small bubble on the bottom I couldn't get rid of. So far the only downside I can find is that the optical heart rate sensor on the back is too recessed so I can't actually use it to measure my pulse or blood oxygen level anymore.
View attachment 155867

The battery needs to calibrate because the phone is specific to a 3220 mAh battery.

1. Charge the battery at least 12 hours for the FIRST charge
2. Run the battery down 1-2%
3. Charge the battery to 100% (it can take 30 minutes after it hits 100% to fully charge).
4. Repeat 5-6 times to optimize battery life
*It should only take about 4 hours to charge completely after the first few times

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The battery needs to calibrate because the phone is specific to a 3220 mAh battery.

1. Charge the battery at least 12 hours for the FIRST charge
2. Run the battery down 1-2%
3. Charge the battery to 100% (it can take 30 minutes after it hits 100% to fully charge).
4. Repeat 5-6 times to optimize battery life
*It should only take about 4 hours to charge completely after the first few times

I remember it said to charge it for 12hrs but the instructions also said to completely discharge and fully recharge the battery 6 times. My only issue is that now the phone says the battery is completely charged at 100% regardless of what charger I use. Does that now mean I should start going through the process of discharging and recharging?

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I still charged it for over 12 hours even though it reached 100% within 2-3 hours (to be on the safe side) and then started discharging. The 12 hours lets the phone calibrate the battery correctly because there a big difference between 10,000 mAh and 3220 mAh. (For some people, the battery percentages did not represent how much juice was actually left.) I have gotten close to 18 hours SOT on my first discharge.

Last edited:

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Will it still attempt to charge the battery even though it says it's charged?
Not sure. All I know is that I just followed the instructions and the battery life is excellent.

Since it's a new battery with different specs from the stock battery, it is not optimized for the phone yet so the percentage may be a false read for the first charge.

EDIT: It's fully charged when the LED light is green regardless of the percentage.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had mine for about a week or longer now. And there are down falls. The holister is week phone falls out all the time and yes i make sure my 800 dollar phone is clip in properly. Battery seems good and case is pretty good. Battery blocks speaker a bit but i havent notived a differnce in sound.

The zerolemon tempered glass purchased 9.99. Is crap doesnt cover the whole actual screen still edges exposed lime it was cut incorrectly. Email waiting on response.

Flashvetrin

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Its important that you de-tick the quick charge feature if your running the N4 if quick charge is highlited your not taking the full 12 hour charge as outlined...
To de-tick the feature look under powersaving and youll see the feature.. its very important to follow the charging instructions as outlined....

_YoKolorMeBadd

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for about a week or longer now. And there are down falls. The holister is week phone falls out all the time and yes i make sure my 800 dollar phone is clip in properly. Battery seems good and case is pretty good. Battery blocks speaker a bit but i havent notived a differnce in sound.

The zerolemon tempered glass purchased 9.99. Is crap doesnt cover the whole actual screen still edges exposed lime it was cut incorrectly. Email waiting on response.

Wait you really bought a $800 phone clip??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha