4.0.4 OTA has Arrived!

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
They are probably using the last character of the serial number. SN's that end in 0 get it the first day, SN's that end in 1 get it the second day...and so on. This would provide an even ten day roll out.

Phone: 8
MEID: 9
IMEI: 9
ICCID: 0
Serial: 1

If I don't get it today, we can move to rule out the Serial number theory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about that but my theory is that if I don't have an update by the time I get home from work tonight I predict my phone will become unlocked and updated soon upon arrival home.

I would do that, but I want stock for a widget I'm working on.

Undertoad

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
They are probably using the last character of the serial number. SN's that end in 0 get it the first day, SN's that end in 1 get it the second day...and so on. This would provide an even ten day roll out.

There's one problem with this speculation and that is the number is HEXADECIMAL.

So it would be a 16-day rollout ending in F.

Doubt this. Tired of forum speculation. Tired tired tired

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
There's one problem with this speculation and that is the number is HEXADECIMAL.

So it would be a 16-day rollout ending in F.

Doubt this. Tired of forum speculation. Tired tired tired

Chill out, the other 4 ID nums are all base-10. It's still possible they're using one of those.

Take id # mod 10 to get a group number. Loop it for all numbers in a set. It's entirely plausible.

Reactions: Yung_Dilla

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You guys got it all wrong.
It's done with a complex algorithm taking the third letter in your mother's maiden name, with the seventh digit in your SS number, along with the third character in your VZW account number. The upcoming venus eclipse will also factor in the final decision on which phone will get it.

MaK2000

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
It told me that there was an update. It downloaded, restarted, said it failed some verification and aborted. WTF!?

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Same here. Received my not too long ago.
Doesn't seem to fix my reception issues of my apt. I do live in a bunker like structure

TheAssailant

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Got it a little bit ago after I used the force method on this forum.

47fa1125-9bc9-ef1b.jpg