Official 'Name Android O' Thread!

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, yeah, I know. It's a little early. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have some fun and guess what Google will name the next version of Android.

I've went with 'Oreo' as you can see by the lovely forum icon I've chosen here. But what say you? Orange? Octopus? Ochre?

If you agree with me that all three suggestions above are terrible, show me what you've got in the thread below. Let's have some fun with this. :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oatmeal! I like Oreo, but will they go with another brand again? And such a big one, too?

I never thought about orange as a possibility... hmmmm...

smk5867

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Orso. Ovaltine. Ossobuco. Oregano. Ostrich. Olive. Onion. Onion Ring. Okra. Oats. Oat Bran. Oyster. Omelet. Old Milwaukee. Oscar Meyer. And of course.... Orville Redenbacher.

KatieBlue

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm going out on a limb here as orange was my first thought, but its not really a sweet as much as a fruit so I'm elongating it to put it in the sweets family. My prediction (drumroll please....) is Orangesicle. And i have a good feeling about it. It has a dreamy impossibility about it much like the early predicted functions of the next OS. And omg! Is the S8 friggin gorgeous or what?! I love it. I wanna be it for Halloween. I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers! I just hope there's a Note & for crying out loud, let it be explosion proof! I'm still mourning the loss of my s7 note. May he rip. He is sorely missed. So here's hoping Orangesicle will make my soooooo far from stellar s7 edge, grow up to be the man i know he CAN be! Or that i can dump him for my true love, the Note. What can i say? I like the pen! ????????????

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I think "Oreo" is the most logical name. While Oatmeal is great lol i just don't think thats going to make the cut :D

I would potentially be open to Android Ontbijtkoek that would be awesome to say everyday haha,

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My first instinct was Oreo, however they would need permission to use that trademark. Of course that might be good for Oreo sales.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty