Charging Issue - HTC One M8

A

AC Question

I have an M8 that charged perfectly until last week. I plugged it in to charge (while on), the charging light came on and a couple of hours later I checked and the phone was losing power even though it was plugged in.

I turned it off and charged it and after a couple hours it was fully charged. It keeps the charge like normal but no longer charges while turned on even though it shows it charging.

I got an error last night saying certain apps where using too much power and phone couldn't charge while they were running except all my apps were closed and wiped out.

I've checked to battery app to see if any apps are using more power than usual and everything seems normal. Highest power use is coming from the Android OS.

Any clues on what it could be or what I should do? Should I do a factory reset? I've just uninsteuninstalled the 3 apps I updated before the issue started but it made no difference.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. If you constantly drain as much power as you can from the battery (drop it down to 20% or less), you can completely kill it in a few months. It should be charged when it reaches no lower than 40%. (Lithium is light, but a lithium battery can't take deep discharge.)

2. If the battery is much used, it may be at end of life. (It's not expensive, but it has to be replaced by a repair shop.)

3. I doubt that a factory reset will change anything - it's most likely a bad battery.