My phone won't charge when plugged into a base but will charge when plugged into a pc. Why???

A

AC Question

I've been using the standard issue charging cable and base that came with the phone for well over a year with no problems and all of a sudden I plug in my phone and it's not charging. I swap out cables in case it has gone bad but the same thing happened. I then tried two different bases with no luck. Finally I plugged the cable into the computer and it started charging. Why??? I can't live off of a slow pc charge. How can I fix this?

TenshiNo

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
First, plug in a lamp or something to the same outlet and make sure it's not a case where you have lost power to the outlet. If that works, it might be a specific combination of chargers/cables. Without knowing exactly which steps you took, I can't offer more. From the sounds of it, I'm leaning towards it being a lack of power to the outlet, although it's possible that it's because the original cable has gone bad and the other cables you tried are low quality or incompatible in some way with the device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress