Curious on antenna issues, if any.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if you guys remember that it was believed that the Razr HD & Maxx HD were both delayed for potential antenna issues. Anyone who is a day 1 adopter and has some time to play with it please share any antenna issues, if there are any at all. This is the issue that has kept me from day 1 purchase, and keeping me up in the air for GNote 2 or Maxx HD. Thanks.

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not going to be a day1 adopter. But I'm curious, how would one go about testing a device for antenna issues? Like, checking their reception inside (and outside) a building and such?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I should be picking mine up today so I'll let you know of any issues. Motorola is generally good with signal so if it was flawed I'm sure the HD wouldn't be out today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Azartrus

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
picked up razr hd (non maxx). I tried the grip test for a full minute and did not see a significant loss in signal. Unfortunately I dont live in a 4g area so this was a 3g test only, but I assume that it would be similar.

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to be a day1 adopter. But I'm curious, how would one go about testing a device for antenna issues? Like, checking their reception inside (and outside) a building and such?

Inside/outside testing is part of it. My hope is that there are some owners that will live in a multi-android device household and can compare signal strength in various conditions on both CDMA/LTE between different devices. Thanks @Eclipse & @Azartrus I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

gadgetjunkie89

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Using the MAXX HD. During a 10 minute phone call (while driving) and during about an hour or so of web browsing, I experienced no drops in signal or call quality. Works for me so far! Time will tell if users experience issues.

VVoltz

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my HD MAXX 4 days ago from VZ. So far the phone has been unable to find 3G/4G networks twice on two different occasions, in areas where I used to get at least 4 bars. I had to restart it for it to get data working again.
Yesterday the phone spent all day in 3G mode, I thought it was a battery saving feature but I disabled that "SMARTACTION" and it was still in 3G, I had to restart it to get back to 4G.

So far I am really concerned, but I will give it a few more days. Reading about this possible antenna issues is not reassuring, thou.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my HD MAXX 4 days ago from VZ. So far the phone has been unable to find 3G/4G networks twice on two different occasions, in areas where I used to get at least 4 bars. I had to restart it for it to get data working again.
Yesterday the phone spent all day in 3G mode, I thought it was a battery saving feature but I disabled that "SMARTACTION" and it was still in 3G, I had to restart it to get back to 4G.

So far I am really concerned, but I will give it a few more days. Reading about this possible antenna issues is not reassuring, thou.

I had the same problem and I had Verizon replace it in store. I have not seen the issue since I've done so.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2