odd smear-like discoloration on screen (when warmed up)

nexusrtw

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a new Nexus 4 - around about a month old - which has developed an odd display issue as of a few days ago. I would describe it as a smear like blemish / discoloration running vertically along the left side of the display, but only visible when certain colors - usually grays - are onscreen. For example, the background of the stock calculator app, the subscription list in greader, and chrome with all tabs closed. It disappears when the device has been off a while, but returns pretty quickly as it warms up again. I describe it as a smear since it has a slight curve to it and it not a constant width.

Google has already agreed to send a new device if I wish, but they say that I will have to pay for it if they cannot reproduce the issue. Really wish they had a shop in SF that I could just take it into and walk out with a new device :/

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or experienced a display problem such as this?

nexusrtw

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, was hoping this might be something that others have experienced and have some advice re whether it progressed / got worse. Google seems willing to exchange the device (even tho I get the impression they do not believe my description of the issue) but sadly they are no longer stocking the white model, so I end up with a version of the phone I had earlier chosen not to purchase :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa