Pixel 2 Trade-In Nightmare - Buyers Beware!!!

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Got the email yesterday too.
At this point, as long as I get the estimated amount, I'm ok with the wait.
They did a bad job with this and the estimate on my 6P is under market value, but I just love my pixel 2 xl!

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the email yesterday and they received my phone on Monday, so looks like I'm ahead of the game. Like above poster said, just give me my trade in estimate as promised and it will be all good.

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I got that email yesterday too, they've already had my phone for a month. As long as I get the $115 or whatever it was for the mint condition 5X I sent them, I don't mind waiting longer. My biggest concern is that after all this time it might be getting knocked around & they'll try to skimp on the trade in value.

I just want to know I'm getting the value I should be getting, the waiting is the worst part, lol

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
SO my phone has been there a month. The 3oth received an email stating its going to take an additional 10 to 15 days due to the popularity of the program. so a month and half and hopefully i will get my money.

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
You guys scared me away from the trade in program. Too much stress for me. I will keep my Pixel XL as a backup, since It will cost me more time and money if I need a backup phone quickly. I guess that is worth $400 to me.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I never received any emails throughout the entire process, so I kept checking the store, view trade in. They received my phone on Nov. 3 according to tracking info. Just today I finally got my credit. $410 just as promised. Phone was Pixel XL 128 of course. It had some case scratches, but screen was pristine. So to those of you worried about a couple case scratches, you are probably OK.

EDIT: Just checked my account, the credit hasn't shown up yet, but they did just issue it today.
I'll let you know when it shows up.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Good News email from Google that they are giving me the quoted $400 for my Pixel XL that they received on 11/3. Also said it could take 2-5 days to show on my credit card.

MikeC01

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I traded in two OG Pixels. I was told a while back that they were both out in the same batch. However, today I received credit for one and not the other. The good news is they did give me the full quoted value. Hopefully, I'll have the same luck whenever they get around to looking at the other one.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Good News email from Google that they are giving me the quoted $400 for my Pixel XL that they received on 11/3. Also said it could take 2-5 days to show on my credit card.

They received mine on 10/30 (4 business days earlier) and still haven't gotten around to assessing mine...

I'd figured their estimate of the process taking up to "5 days" was a typo and they'd meant to say "5 weeks," but now am hoping it's not "5 months."

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Got my full trade in value confirmation this morning. I initiated the process on October 4 when I pre-ordered the Penguin. I received the Penguin on November 8. I had to do an RMA on the device due to a crack in the display. I received the replacement brand new on November 11. They received my trade in on November 10. I received my promo code for the free Google Home Mini on November 18. I received the free Mini on November 22. November 30 is when I get an email stating that there was a delay in processing my trade in device. I get the email today saying that $400 will be credited to me in 2-5 business days. The only time I called customer service was when I had the crack in the display of my original Penguin. That experience was a breeze. I also called them to get a pro-rated refund for the original Pixel insurance I had from them on the OG Pixel I got last year and they credited my card for that as well. Now I have two OEM chargers, $400 back on my credit card from the trade in and another $48 from the insurance refund since I don't have the OG Pixel any longer. Fine by me.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would trade in their phone for much less than what it's worth on the open market i.e. Swappa or eBay? These programs rarely go the way you want and you could've sold them for a higher amount. The question is, will you ever do it again?

I just checked Swappa and I saw 15 Pixel XLs that people were selling for less than the trade in I received. Since I see that I don't regret going the route I went. Now, will I do it again, it depends on what trade in values are at next year and what people are trying to sell their phone for at that time.

bigbearballs

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I just checked Swappa and I saw 15 Pixel XLs that people were selling for less than the trade in I received. Since I see that I don't regret going the route I went. Now, will I do it again, it depends on what trade in values are at next year and what people are trying to sell their phone for at that time.
Ya, no way I would get $400 for my badly beaten up pixel on swappa. Now, will I really get $400, we will see soon.

GPuba

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Got an email this morning from Google. They will be crediting me the full $410 for my Pixel XL trade-in. The process did take 5 weeks, but I'm receiving the full credit, so I'm good.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would trade in their phone for much less than what it's worth on the open market i.e. Swappa or eBay? These programs rarely go the way you want and you could've sold them for a higher amount. The question is, will you ever do it again?
Same reason why people trade in cars... Convenience. I did the phone trade in and would do it again.

For big ticket items like my car, I sold it myself. Have you or anyone you know traded in a car? Would you do it again?

Hypnotoadd

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I got an email from Google that they're giving me the full $115 credit for the Nexus 5X I traded in. Woohoo!!

It took FOREVER, but I'm glad they didn't try to pull anything shady

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana