Sooo... Who ordered?

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I LOVE IT. I really, really do love this phone. The battery life is amazing. I don't mind the plastic. I actually like how light it is. And I still haven't put a case on it, though I will be purchasing a clear case to show off the color.

Was tempted to get the 3a XL but a few things put me off:

1. The price. The UK price is substantially more than in the US

2. The design. It’s not a bad design but the bezels make it look really old when everyone else has teardrop notches and hole-punches.

3. The processor. Having 4GB of RAM with a Snapdragon 670 just doesn’t present good value compared to other phones.

Not sure about you guys but am now considering upgrading to a Mi 9T in the future...offers better design, display, build, power and features etc.

Software wise it might be a bit more bloated but am used to disabling bloat and despite not having OIS having a main, telephoto and wide camera setup seems great.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was originally planning to get the black one, but Best Buy had a white one available in store. Haven't regretted it. With a clear case, it looks pretty smart....

Good choice! I have a whole Pixel 2! I think the white definitely gives it a sophistication - even a touch of flair.

Specus

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago. My Nexus 5 finally started giving up and I refuse to buy a phone full of bloatware. I love my new 3a XL (except for a few minor annoyances).

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine a few days ago. My Nexus 5 finally started giving up and I refuse to buy a phone full of bloatware. I love my new 3a XL (except for a few minor annoyances).

Wow, you had that Nexus 5 for a long time! I had one too - so I understand why you kept it! It's a great phone! So glad you are enjoying your 3a!

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Picked up a 3a from the local TMobile store on June 1st. Had been using a 1+ 6T since February. I don't know what, but something had me wanting to try one. Put my SIM card in it and never looked back. Sold the 6T on swappa. It doesn't seem any slower for day to day usage and I love the smaller size and use it without a case, just a skin and a screen protector. The only real negative is the lack of storage space or an SD card slot, but I'm just streaming all my music now instead of having it saved on the phone. Camera is awesome, stereo speakers are awesome. Bluetooth connection stability is much better and that's a biggie for me. I'm liking it

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
Got my Pixel 3a this past Monday July 1st. I have to say that I am happy with the device. This phone is a great buy for the money and checks all of the boxes for me so far.

Even though this is a plastic phone, it certainly feels like a premium device. It does not feel cheap to me. The software is great (this is my first pixel) the camera os what led me to get it the most. No longer do I feel left out when I use my camera on public. I can now take quality photos.

What surprised me the most os the call quality. The calls are crisp and clear and I now have Wi-Fi calling for the first time (which I need). The battery life is great as well. All those things for 400 bucks is a great buy for me. It's great to know that I can get a quality phone for will under 1000 bucks. I hope that Google keeps the (a) line of pixels going. I will continue to support them if they do.

Last edited:

Frank SZ

Jul 13, 2019
Visit site
Got my Pixel 3a this past Monday July 1st. I have to say that I am happy with the device. This phone is a great buy for the money and checks all of the boxes for me so far.

Even though this is a plastic phone, it certainly feels like a premium device. It does not feel cheap to me. The software is great (this is my first pixel) the camera os what led me to get it the most. No longer do I feel left out when I use my camera on public. I can now take quality photos.

What surprised me the most os the call quality. The calls are crisp and clear and I now have Wi-Fi calling for the first time (which I need). The battery life is great as well. All those things for 400 bucks is a great buy for me. It's great to know that I can get a quality phone for will under 1000 bucks. I hope that Google keeps the (a) line of pixels going. I will continue to support them if they do.

I used to have wifi-calling on Tracfone with my iphone 7 and also with my Note 5, I don't have wifi calling with the Pixel 3a. Checked compatibility on the website with my IMEI, it says "sorry your device isn't capable of wifi calling". Also no option in the phone for it. Not sure how others have it and I don't.

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
I used to have wifi-calling on Tracfone with my iphone 7 and also with my Note 5, I don't have wifi calling with the Pixel 3a. Checked compatibility on the website with my IMEI, it says "sorry your device isn't capable of wifi calling". Also no option in the phone for it. Not sure how others have it and I don't.

Try resetting your network settings. It will take out your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections but you can add those back. Once you do that, try to set it up again and see if it works.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

It's a carrier thing.... some carriers don't offer Wi-Fi calling on unlocked phones, just their phones purchased directly through them. That's how AT&T has been.

tfitzpat03

Jan 17, 2019
Visit site
It's a carrier thing.... some carriers don't offer Wi-Fi calling on unlocked phones, just their phones purchased directly through them. That's how AT&T has been.

I actually have Wi-Fi calling with AT&T without issues. If you have a phone that works on all carriers such as an iPhone (or in this case a Pixel), it will work on At&t. You have to make sure that your phone has been provisioned in their system for it to work properly.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I actually have Wi-Fi calling with AT&T without issues. If you have a phone that works on all carriers such as an iPhone (or in this case a Pixel), it will work on At&t. You have to make sure that your phone has been provisioned in their system for it to work properly.

Good to know.... last I checked they were only allowing the pixel 3's and up to use wifi calling.... I have a pixel 1. I might give them a call and see if that's changed ;-)

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

I use Cricket, which is an AT&T reseller, but I think they only allow Wi-Fi calling with their own phones. I did end up putting in a booster in my house to get better reception. Most of my neighborhood is in a dead zone between a couple of sets of towers.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
I actually think this is an interesting device... It's not a purchase for me at this time since I have a 3 (and a 2), but somebody had to have bought one... I mean... $399 base model.. $100 merchant credit ... That's not bad.

I have a 3 and a 2 also - got a 3a XL today - traded the 2 in for credit. Anxious to see how i like 3a XL. If I like it I may keep it and not get a 4. Or trade the 3 in on the 4. If I don't like the 3a I may trade it in on the 4 - so many options - :cool:

I like having an extra phone since I don't have a landline.