Pixel/XL microphone problems?

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I've intentionally taken calls without my Bluetooth headset to see if mine has had that issue but not had a problem.

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been blaming people not being able to hear me on the signal. I wonder if it could be a mic issue, in addition to my poor signal.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So my phone calls are working ok, but couldn't get video to record sound. Just white noise. I rebooted, just regularly and tried a video with me basically speaking right into the mic and it was fine. Going to see later if it picks up my grandson yelling NONONO when I tell him he can't throw his milk cup across the room.Hoping it is not a real problem cause I am utterly sick of phone problems.

mikeT2

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My microphone stopped working multiple times while on calls. It's working initially and then about 2 minutes into the call it fails It stopped working both while on Bluetooth and w/o bluetooth. I've done a hard reset, turned off bluetooth, etc. Still has not worked. This seems to be a known issue see below links. I'm not sure if a replacement phone is really going to help. Unfortunately don't have the time of sending back devices and then restoring replacement devices in hopes I get one that works. Having a microphone fail multiple times is unacceptable.

https://productforums.google.com/fo...4Beu1BgAJ;context-place=forum/phone-by-google

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixe..._my_new_pixel_has_microphone_issues/?sort=new

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This issue just start to occur for me today (2 weeks of ownership).

After 3 minutes on a call, my mic completely drops out.... even if I have a strong signal...

All was fine earlier today.... The only thing I have done to the phone was activate the System UI Turner and turned on the battery % for my Status Bar.

Not really sure how that would effect my mic.... On the Verizon Network with the Pixel XL.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a pixel xl 128 black, after having issues decided to go thru verizon and get an exchange. Unfortunately due to the demand/supply i am get a new one for christmas. So I have had various issues. Originally thinking they were all related to signal. Basically I am talking to someone and i can hear them but they can't hear me. Then the call drops. or the call just drops, or I cant hear them. So while on the phone with the tier 2 rep who is processing the claim, she tells me both she and her daughter own pixel xl's. Her daughters has had zero issues. But she began to have mic issues shortly after owning it. She went on to describe my issues (at least some), and also stated a variety of audio problems. First she said the only way to stay connected audio and speaker was to put the call to speaker phone. she also said that in terms of notifications and speaker sounds, she could get alerts, call ringing inbound but no music or video sound would play. So she got a new one and has had no issues. At least so far. I haven't had any of the other stuff and if I hadn't read others claim to have mic issues, I would have been resigned to think it was all signal. I also have had zero bluetooth or wifi issues. just bad signal and on call issues ( again not sure how much of that could be my mic). Good news is my daydream vr will be here in a few days.

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Well my microphone died today, and I missed two calls because of it. It seems like the speakerphone mic works, but as far as the regular phone and Google assistant go, nada. Not working.

I tried a few troubleshooting tricks to no avail, so it looks like a factory reset is next. Ugh. I have 32,768 things to do today, and screwing with a brand new phone is not one of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87