Google replaced my Nexus 6p with Pixel XL 128gb

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
for free!!! The good part is its brand new. I was still under warranty
I will get the device it 2 days. Now i need to convince my wife to get a Pixel 2 for myself in a month time.

Last edited:

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
doing the same thing to me. something about no stock left for 6p so a new pixel XL is the only option.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks like Google is replacing quite a few 6Ps purchased directly from Google with new Pixel XLs. Some are even getting replacements out of warranty if their 6P has boot loop or battery issue. Probably don't have enough 6Ps for all the RMAs.
Wouldn't mind getting a new Pixel XL but my 6P still looks and works like a brand new phone.

Martog

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I got my Pixel XL 128GB today to replace my Nexus 6P 64GB, I had Nexus Protect so I knew I was going to get something because the 6P BLOD on me, was pleasantly surprised it was a brand new phone.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I just pulled the same trigger on my 6p. getting a 128gig Pixel XL. the only way this works is if you bought your phone from Google. No cracked screen. no root and it supposedly displays one of the two issues of the phone shutting down at certain battery levels or the boot loop issue.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
My N6P has the battery issue. Purchased it directly from Google Store with Nexus Protection in late October 2015. Google replaced it with a new Pixel XL. It has shipped and scheduled for delivery Monday.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So if you have a 6p with cracked screen and bought it from Google they repair it and send you back your device. Isn't the 6p when they started the 'you get one free cracked screen replacement' deal?

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
has anyone received it yet? if so is it new with original box?

Yes, it's brand new. Got a black 128GB Pixel XL to replace my battery failing 6P. Overnight shipping, free return shipping for the 6P and I got to keep the charger and usb-c cable from the 6P. In fact, dropped the 6P off at the post office at 10am. At 1pm, get an email in from Google saying thanks for the return of your old phone. Honestly can't complain about anything from this whole experience. Google recognized they released a defective phone with the 6P, made good on that by replacing it with the pixel XL, plus made the whole experience quick and easy. Even the adapter in the pixel xl box made it a breeze to transfer all my data to the pixel. This excellent service and project-fi cements me as a loyal customer. All I need now is for Google to release a tablet to replace my Nexus 7 2013.

Edit: looks like Google has changed its policy regarding replacing devices. If you still have google protect on your 6P, as I did, I still believe they will help with a replacement, but out of warranty owners now will probably hit a brick wall with Google's customer service.

http://www.androidauthority.com/google-offering-pixel-xl-eligible-nexus-6p-owners-800351/

Last edited:

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks got mine too. Sent old one back same night. Next morning was given refund. Now im debating whether or not to continue with the pixel or my OnePlus3T. Given that Google was so awesome throught the whole process and the pixel is an awesome device might return back to Google.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So apparently there is an issue with emails being sent out. I received an email stating my device was returned however it is still on its way back to them. In addition Google refunded the auth and the next day took back the refund.

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Got mine finally yesterday. Apparently there has been a run on these. Mine was delayed a few days before it finally shipped lol. But it was brand new as promised.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's really great... Takes away your incentive to upgrade to a Pixel 2 XL but a brand new Pixel XL is nothing to sneeze at.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I had a delay in processing my RMA, but mine is on its way (128GB XL, Very Silver). I've been dealing with the battery issue for a long time and was going to wait for the Pixel 2 XL (which I may still buy next year, after all the early adopter bugs are fixed). Getting a free 128GB XL was too good a deal to pass up, so I pulled the trigger and got an RMA.

It's my understanding that Google is only doing RMAs for devices that are still under warranty.

rdavenp3

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wife cracked the screen on her 6P and had 2 months left on warranty. They sent a Pixel XL as a replacement. I gave her my new S8 and took the Pixel. She's not picky about phones, but I like the Pixel much better than the S8.