Check out the HTC 10 at Verizon store on Friday!! Anyone?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I just call my local Verizon store and the rep said they can't confirm that they will have the 10 in Store on Friday but they told me to stop by. Anyone here plan to head to your local Verizon store on Friday? Tell us what you think if you see the 10..

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I will be doing a hands on Friday to see what it feels like personally.

please post here as soon as you get some time Friday if you go there we are all interested in the non media type review. heres to hoping you do not come back with pink screens, and other pre release issues. :)

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
As much as I want to, and planned to, I hate phone stores (esp the Verizon store near me where they assign a rep to hang out w/ you while you shop) and am going to try to hold out until mine ships. Knowing me, I'll probably give in and go anyway.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
It's like walking into a used car lot. Just get away from me -- when I'm ready to buy it, I'll buy it. Sometimes I feel like asking if they have any questions for me about the phone, because I now know more about it (HTC 10 / GSG7) than any carrier rep ever could.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It's like walking into a used car lot. Just get away from me -- when I'm ready to buy it, I'll buy it. Sometimes I feel like asking if they have any questions for me about the phone, because I now know more about it (HTC 10 / GSG7) than any carrier rep ever could.
IKR!! I can't think of a single time in which I was shopping for a phone and didn't have to correct something the salesman said. I'm not even a phone geek either, just every 2 years I do some research about the current flagships and make a pick.

It's worse when looking at a musical instrument shop though. I have to just nod my head, play dumb, and say, "Oh, ok".

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I usually find some technical piece of information or two before hand and bring it up for conversation. Typically that means "don't talk to this guy he is uber dork" and they usually politely walk away. I also tell them if they press hard that unless they plan on giving it to me for free I am not buying today.

It takes me a good 20 minutes or so just to basically get comfy playing with a phone. If you are being hawked over its even worse.

And no matter what my next phone is; its going to be better than the 3+ year old one in my pocket. LOL. However I wasn't impressed enough with another phone to just jump earlier this year...so I am worried a little.

Oh, and I am WAY worse with my cars being a petrol head. I usually know so much more when I hit the lot that its very hard not to get frustrated with the misinformation. When I am in that position I really have to wonder what is said to people that are NOT informed. Kinida makes me angry a bit...but I digress.

Cliffs: Going to look at phone on Friday. Hope to leave with smile on my face. Hope to hear its going to have a red aluminum body.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Such is the way of a Commissioned Sales Rep lol

im down to go check it out ... but next week lol

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I have a corp store two or three miles away. Hitting them up at lunch. Hoping for great news and experience (without to much sales associate interference). :)

OmahaEngineer

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having problem with pre-ordering on Verizon? We were supposed to be able to pre-order last night at midnight, but apparently VZW is having problem with that process.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Verizon shows 648 outright buy; 548 if you put it on a payment plan. Button to "buy" shows "Coming Soon".

If I can buy outright through HTC and get the 100 off too (I hate payment plans)...would kinda be the best of both worlds!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just stopped at Verizon store. The phone is impressive, but the screen isn't that bright. At 50% brightness it's nowhere near as bright as my S7 set at 50%. I like the build quality but I think I will end up keeping my S7.

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped at Verizon store. The phone is impressive, but the screen isn't that bright. At 50% brightness it's nowhere near as bright as my S7 set at 50%. I like the build quality but I think I will end up keeping my S7.

So, the brightness is the only thing that is keeping you on the S7 or are there other things?

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Going into a store soon and THAT is exactly what I was afraid of.

Bearcats98

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Why do people keep comparing the AMOLED and LCD? Its like biting a lemon and going, gee thats sour. They are very different animals.

The KEY is without putting an Samsung handset right next to it; is it bright enough for your use? Or will it cause *ahem* envy if you don't have a eye squinting bright screen? Personal use will vary.
Maybe it's one of those things people use to feel good about what they own. It's been years since I owned a smartphone that was not bright enough. Personally, I did not like the screen on the S7 when I tried it out. Had to do with the color tone being unpleasant. But, everyone should go with what they prefer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77