Verizon Software Update 1.82

Existence_Inc

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
FINALLY! I just received the 1.82 software update for my 10. I'll post up any additional information as I find it. (The VZW website isn't very helpful or informative.)

~Ex

EDIT: 1.82. My bad.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to stop this update? I'm on 4g and it's using my data, not to mention I don't have time to wait for it to update. It never asked me if I wanted to update, like usual

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to stop this update? I'm on 4g and it's using my data, not to mention I don't have time to wait for it to update. It never asked me if I wanted to update, like usual

That's odd. Mine told me an update was available and asked if I wanted to do it now or later. I think interrupting an in-progress firmware update could be chancy...

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Software Number:

Security Patch Level:
1 June 2016

Better than 1 March 2016, but still disappointing. Get after it VZW!

~Ex

I feel the same way. I was actually thinking we would get August patches. Silly me. At least we can see the patch info now.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So we all know wifi and cell signal could be a bit better. I'm wondering if any of this was addressed in the aforementioned "bug" fixes. I'm downloading now , but anyone see any difference for the better?
Worse? Hopefully not.
Edit: was hoping to be pleasantly surprised, oh well. Security patch, big whoop

Last edited:

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. Mine told me an update was available and asked if I wanted to do it now or later. I think interrupting an in-progress firmware update could be chancy...
That's what usually happens, but in this case mine didn't. Luckily I noticed it. I was waiting for an important phone call and couldn't have it restarting on me. I even turned off 4g and it was somehow still downloading. I flipped on airplane mode and it stopped it off a few minutes. I googled and found that I had to force stop HTCdm. It hasn't come back since. For now...

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Would have been nice to see better Wi-Fi and/or rf signal. Wasn't figuring it would happen or if even possible in an update. In any case getting 1 to 2 bars at home and was getting 2 to 3 before the update. So no help, maybe worse if thats possible. Love this phone but dang wish the rf were better. So 108 to 112dbm now, not as good. I coulda passed on this update, security patch? Pffftt.....

Last edited:

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Got the update on Friday. Now my phone is running very hot and eating up the battery extremely fast. Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts on what can be done?

mahers

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Got the update on Friday. Now my phone is running very hot and eating up the battery extremely fast. Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts on what can be done?

I haven't had that issue. Restart the phone, if you haven't already. If you did that, then try clearing the system cache partition. Worst case scenario is a factory reset, but I tend to avoid those if at all possible.

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
After several restarts including leaving the phone off for a half hour, it seems to be working correctly now without my having made any changes. In fact, battery usage based on GSAM graph seems to nearly go flat line (plateau) whenever the screen is off. Not sure how that happened but I am much happier. Running much cooler also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress