EVO on Verizon?

alexf1852

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Can the EVO be used on Verizon's network? If I bought the Evo outright, would Verizon allow me to connect it to their network?

alex

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
No.

Although both Sprint and Verizon use ESN's, you'd have to ask a higher teir technician to hack the Sprint ESN into the Verizon database, something neither will do and probably will ever do.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
In addition, even if you could somehow convince Verizon to add the Evo's ESN to their database, 4G would never work on the Evo on Verizon since Verizon uses LTE for 4G and Sprint uses WiMax. It would essentially leave you with a Evo 3G, in which case you might as well just get yourself a HTC Incredible unit directly from Verizon.

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I saw somewhere that LTE and WiMax isnt that different. that all you would need to change WiMax to LTE is a simply OTA update...so i've heard

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well they are different types of signals iirc. But VZW's LTE network won't be ready for 1-2 years, so what is the point of getting the Evo on VZW if you can't use the 4G anyway. The Incredible seems like the winning solution here.

Honestly, the only thing the Evo has over the Incredible (besides 4G) is a larger screen, slightly bigger battery and the forward facing camera. If you can do with out those, get the Incredible.

alexf1852

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Well they are different types of signals iirc. But VZW's LTE network won't be ready for 1-2 years, so what is the point of getting the Evo on VZW if you can't use the 4G anyway. The Incredible seems like the winning solution here.

Honestly, the only thing the Evo has over the Incredible (besides 4G) is a larger screen, slightly bigger battery and the forward facing camera. If you can do with out those, get the Incredible.

I was interested in the EVO just for that: the larger TFT screen and front-side camera. I knew it would only be for 3G. But since Verizon will not do it, then this is a mute point. Thanks guys for the info/confirmation. The Incredible it is then.

alex

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Unless things drastically change, I'm fairly sure that HTC will want a monster Android phone with working LTE on Verizon as soon as it gets a big enough subscriber base. I'm also fairly sure Verizon will want the same thing :)

My guess? Just about a year from now.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The Selling point for me on the EVO was the mini HDMI out... That HUGE Screen and the promise of Froyo... If the Incredible had the bigger screen i'd be all over that bad boy...

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
no no no and no .... sprint has a legal right to not allow other CDMA phones on there network. If you wan no security go to att or tmobile if you want to switch phones around. I like CDMA for that reason.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Can the EVO be used on Verizon's network? If I bought the Evo outright, would Verizon allow me to connect it to their network?

alex

ahhh don't worry you guys on verizon will probably get it in about 6 months and it will be called the EVO plus! Ohhhh wait a minute that's Palm's dumbasses that do that!! Sorry lil' red you get NO EVO!!! Besides that it's a 4G phone I'm pretty sure Verizon don't have it ready yet!!

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I want the evo more than the incredible I could care less about 4g I want that monster screen and the other upgrades. But I don't want to pay that etf to go to Sprint. If I could hack the esn to report as my droids I would be happy

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
Unless things drastically change, I'm fairly sure that HTC will want a monster Android phone with working LTE on Verizon as soon as it gets a big enough subscriber base. I'm also fairly sure Verizon will want the same thing :)

My guess? Just about a year from now.

Exactly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95