When will Sprint make info available?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've called Sprint and stopped by a store. No one could give me any information other than it will be available June 4. No pre-order available, no pricing, no nothing and nothing to look at. The demo's can't be put out until June 4. Even my local Best Buy took their dummy units back until June 4.

The Sprint guy took a guess and said the off contract price would be $600. I'm buying one off contract so I just want to know what the damn thing will cost!

Talk around here is Sprint will be $449 but I will only believe that when they announce it. There is nothing on their website that says that and not confirmed by any Sprint person I've talked to. RS is supposedly $499 and BB about $700. But none will/can commit to a price until June 4 when Sprint opens the bag. The only "known" is the upgrade price.

I will call again June 1 and see if any information is available or if they truly are being tight lipped until June 4.

klimb22

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Talk around here is Sprint will be $449 but I will only believe that when they announce it. There is nothing on their website that says that and not confirmed by any Sprint person I've talked to. RS is supposedly $499 and BB about $700. But none will/can commit to a price until June 4 when Sprint opens the bag. The only "known" is the upgrade price.
I guess you missed Radio Shack information. It clearly says $499.99 unactivated.

http://radioshackwireless.com/templ...geid=7831&refcode1=RSK_4444_000_SITESEARCHEVO

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok.... why would you ever buy one off-contract?

I can let you know the other stuff, but answer me that question, if you would please.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
449.99 at Sprint. Here is the email they sent out:

May require up to a $36 activation fee/line, credit approval and deposit. Up to $200 early termination fee/line applies. Phone Offer: While supplies last. $449.99 – $150.00 (two-year activation) – $100.00 (mail-in rebate) = $199.99 (final price). Mail-in Rebate: Requires activation at the time of purchase. Line must be active 30 consecutive days. Allow 10 to 14 weeks for rebate. Upgrade: Existing customers in good standing with service on the same device for more than 22 consecutive months currently activated with a service plan of $39.99 or higher may be eligible. See in-store rebate form, sprint.com/upgrade for details. Everything Data Plan: Includes 450 Anytime Minutes. Additional Anytime Minutes (overage): Up to $0.40/minute. Nights: Monday – Thursday 7pm – 7am; Weekends: Friday 7pm – Monday 7am. Partial minutes charged as full minutes. Any Mobile, Anytime (AMA)/Unlimited Calls to Mobile: Applies when directly dialing/receiving standard voice calls between domestic wireless numbers as determined when the call is placed using independent 3rd party and Sprint data bases. Standard roaming rates/restrictions apply. Only available with select Sprint Plans and while on the Nationwide Sprint or Nextel National Networks (excludes calls to voicemail, 411, and other indirect methods). Data/Web: Premium content/downloads (games, ringers, songs, certain channels, etc.) are additional charge. Messaging: Includes text, picture and video for domestic messages sent or received. International messages are $0.20 sent or received. SMS voice messages may incur an additional data charge of $0.03/KB. Text to 3rd parties to participate in promotions or other may result in additional charges. International services are not included. GPS Navigation: GPS reliability varies by environment. Voice/Data Usage Limitation: Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 minutes or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. For other usage restrictions, including limiting throughput, see sprint.com/termsandcondition

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can never understand why people wont get with contract. You can buy this phone for $199. What happens if after 6 months you decide you don't like sprint? Sell the phone, should be able to get more than you paid for it, because there will be other jack nuts who don't want a contract and pay more. Use that money to pay the ETF

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

I can let you know the other stuff, but answer me that question, if you would please.

I can never understand why people wont get with contract. You can buy this phone for $199. What happens if after 6 months you decide you don't like sprint? Sell the phone, should be able to get more than you paid for it, because there will be other jack nuts who don't want a contract and pay more. Use that money to pay the ETF

I don't buy on contract because my retailer plans don't allow it. Some people simply prefer not to be on a contract. (Far better option to me)

LABLE

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Why is it a problem if you buy off contract. There are plenty of people that buy phones that way.

OP:
Best Buy: $599
RS: $499
Sprint: 449

ChaosShadow

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Not everyone CAN buy the phone for the contract price. Some customers already on Sprint may not be eligible for that pricing (due to their upgrade eligibility date), and have to pay the "out of contract" price to get the phone. Sometimes you may get a few bucks off here and there if you call customer service, but, nothing close to the $199 price.

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site

You don't understand contracts and upgrades very well then. I'm not available for an upgrade so I pay full price. I like Sprint. I've had them for the last 12 years or so. Great value and good service in DFW.

I just doesn't seem that hard to understand why people buy off contract.

mvpilot172

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you buy the full price Evo @ sprint and activate it/upgrade your phone there you get the $100 mail in rebate without a new contract. $350 for the phone would be a decent deal and I could save my upgrade for later.

chazm

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You don't understand contracts and upgrades very well then. I'm not available for an upgrade so I pay full price. I like Sprint. I've had them for the last 12 years or so. Great value and good service in DFW.

I just doesn't seem that hard to understand why people buy off contract.

Forgot about that. That would be one reason.

I guess I didn't think about it because I wanted the new iPhone when it comes out but I'm not eligible for an upgrade till Jan 11 2011 so instead of waiting I will cancel my contract and pay the ETF charge with the sale of my current iPhone and I am getting the evo

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know if you buy the full price Evo @ sprint and activate it/upgrade your phone there you get the $100 mail in rebate without a new contract. $350 for the phone would be a decent deal and I could save my upgrade for later.

I'm 99% sure you only get that rebate if you're getting a full $150 upgrade or a new contract.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site

Yeah there is no MIR for people buying the phone at full retail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress