Poor coverage 3G/4G

Poor Reception

• Total voters

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here man, not a whiff of coverage inside, and barely 1 bar outside (it often loses it and goes back to 3g) here in Richardson.

CEaton

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I live outside of 4g, but I traveled to Baltimore, MD yesterday, seemed to work pretty consistent outside in downtown, nothing inside.

I work in DC, spotty outside, NOTHING inside. I work at the department of commerce.

hopesmasher

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I didnt count on any 4G until later in the year, but I knew that going in. I cant wait to even get a shot at it though. Not sure if Sprint will deliver on the promise of coverage by the end of the year but theres always hope.

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
You know, I wouldn't have been so disappointed (and wouldn't really have a right to be) if Sprint's maps didn't indicate I was good to go.

If I knew that I couldn't get any 4G love prior to purchase....I guess I would have bought one...I don't know but I will say this...that 10/month 4g tax (x2 as I have 2 evos) kinda sucks now.

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It makes the 10 dollar 4g up charge seem all the more stupid. At least get your **** together before you adds these stupid fees.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
But you guys get cheap plans and premier upgrading...surely that makes Sprint the way to go.

Could be worst, could be on a tiered data plan...

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
more gaps

I'm also surprised at this gap in the Grapevine/Colleyville/Southlake corridor...although it looks like a little bit of Southlake got it.

more4g.jpg

infoe

May 24, 2010
Visit site
my map at home and office is almost completely blue and my 4g stinks. i did run a speed test one time OUTSIDE my apt where i was getting 4mbit down which is decent of course but no good for me just outside my apt

Gigity

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
my map at home and office is almost completely blue and my 4g stinks. i did run a speed test one time OUTSIDE my apt where i was getting 4mbit down which is decent of course but no good for me just outside my apt

I did a lot of reading about 4g on Sprint and apparently it can't penetrate buildings well at all. That's a huge letdown, but at least you can just switch to wifi at home if you pay for Internet.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
How's this for "the suck"? The pin is where I live in my city with 4G coverage. I get no 4G signal at all for a 4 block radius. :(
4GHouse.gif

klamer

May 14, 2010
Visit site
How's this for "the suck"? The pin is where I live in my city with 4G coverage. I get no 4G signal at all for a 4 block radius. :(

Yeah I feel for you man, that does suck. At least Sprint isn't telling you you should have coverage when you don't tho.
Trying to pot a positive spin on it for you but we're both in different boats in a sea of suck. :)

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I did a lot of reading about 4g on Sprint and apparently it can't penetrate buildings well at all. That's a huge letdown, but at least you can just switch to wifi at home if you pay for Internet.

Yeah, has to do with the frequency that it operates on. It has very poor building penetration. I would love for Sprint to come up with some magic solution, but it seems that it's for naught.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually have better (stronger signal) coverage with my EVO than I did with my Pre. Was one thing I was worried about but the EVO impressed again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meip