Please help!! Gmail not syncing...but calendar and contacts sync fine

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Just started today, but my gmail is not sending anymore. The calendar and contacts sync no problem. I really depend on gmail. The really weird thing is that gmail works fine with the mail app but not the gmail specific email icon. Every time I open the gmail app it shows me the first 4 emails and then says "no connection" after that. Can someone please help me with this. I'd like to avoid resetting the phone. Thanks for the help

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. Was fine until about 2pm today. All my other mail is syncing fine by my gmail app will not sync. Only way to get it to sync with me is if i manually do it.

I have tried everything and nothing seems to be working.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So I guess the only way around this problem is to do a factory reset? That's kind of a blower. Took me forever to customize the thing. It seems nobody has had any luck with this problem. How do we do a factory reset?

jxc

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i am having the same problem and i do not want to factory, wipe, if anyone finds out how fix, please post.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It seems on the other forums people are having problems also.

It has to be a Google problem or maybe something with yesterdays update maybe.

Are you guys all updated?

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I just said screw it and I reset the thing. Back to normal now but gmail works fine. So a few things disappeared , one of them being the Google navigation icon. I remember there is a special way to get that back...does anyone remember. Also...my friend was having problems with his gmail as well. Seems like a lot of people are running into this problem.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Try menu>settings>applications>manage applications.

Find Gmail in the list
select it
force stop
clear cache

back out and find gmail storage and repeat

open gmail, and refresh

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated on monday and have not seen this problem.

Have you tried deleting the account, clearing the cache and signing back in with the account too see if that resolves it?

--
Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

nickneagle

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this happened to me yesterday as well. I even called Sprint to see if they knew, they instead hung up on me while being transferred around. I gave up at that point with them and tried all the resets and clearing data. This didnt work either. I reset the phone a few times as well. Nothing. I wake up this morning and its working better, not great but better. No explanation or solution as far as I can tell though. Just seems to be bigger than our phones though with everyone having the issue at the same time, yesterday afternoon. Hopefully someone can figure out a solution, or perhaps it is the network. Any updates folks?

willsurg#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem over the weekend. Everything is working fine now for me. I am using k-9 as my email browser and of course had to turn wifi off. for me, and a few others on the boards, push does not work well over wifi, ie not instant, take the wifi off and all of sudden push email is back.

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Try menu>settings>applications>manage applications.

Find Gmail in the list
select it
force stop
clear cache

back out and find gmail storage and repeat

open gmail, and refresh

I will give this a try as well. My sync stopped for gmail about 24 hours ago. I have not applied any updates to my phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa