Light leakage from ports on bottom of EVO.

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
light leak onto screen

Lots of discussion about light leaking from under the bottom buttons (which I do have), but what about light leaking up onto the screen in little streaks? Is this normal or a symptom of the same adhesive issue causing the bottom leaks? I don't mind the bottom leaks so much, but the light on the screen is starting to really annoy me (it's also setting off my OCD because there are 7 light streaks rather than 8...*#OJDHFDAJSJDN$8??;98*$!!!!!) Are others experiencing this?

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I definitely want mine fixed or swapped, but not until I can be sure the production issue is resolved or the sprint techs know the best way to go about repairing the problem. The worst part is hoping the people I show it off to don't notice :p
I absolutely love the phone otherwise.

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Lots of discussion about light leaking from under the bottom buttons (which I do have), but what about light leaking up onto the screen in little streaks? Is this normal or a symptom of the same adhesive issue causing the bottom leaks? I don't mind the bottom leaks so much, but the light on the screen is starting to really annoy me (it's also setting off my OCD because there are 7 light streaks rather than 8...*#OJDHFDAJSJDN$8??;98*$!!!!!) Are others experiencing this?

This is the nature of an LCD screen. I happens on my macbook, my sharp LCD, and countless other LCD panels. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone fix their light leakage successfully?

The more and more I see articles about it, the more it bothers me. At first, I didn't mind it at all. But after thinking about it, I shouldn't have to put up with it. I'm really considering getting an exchange but I know that soon, they will be exchanging it for refurbished phones, as it is always the case with TEP.

So have you fixed or exchanged yours? If so, which method did you choose?

I'd like to take care of this before my 30-day grace period.

Thanks in advance...

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Do they even have any Evo's to exchange yours with? It's been a little over 2 weeks...

If it bothers you, go ahead. And keep complaining at the Sprint store or on the phone. I got 4 Pres that way (each one had pretty annoying problems like Oreo and headset issues).

berrymods

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I had to exchange mine. My screen completely detached. It was a 0002 model. I went into the store and they replaced it with a new 0003 model. No issues at all rock solid.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What should I do if I'd like to ensure that I get a newer replacement.

Go through HTC directly via warranty claim?

Go through Radio Shack?

Go through Spring (TEP)?

Thanks in advance...

BTW, anyone got their replacement on-hand from HTC already?

philburkhardt

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
What should I do if I'd like to ensure that I get a newer replacement.

Go through HTC directly via warranty claim?

Go through Radio Shack?

Go through Spring (TEP)?

Thanks in advance...

BTW, anyone got their replacement on-hand from HTC already?

I think all the phones from the initial run are sold. Anything from this point forward should be newer hardware.

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
in the past 3 days, my screen has gotten worse. you can see the one corner up higher than the rest and you can see if get pushed down when you touch it, haha. going to have to take it in.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I'll make sure to ask that the new one has recently arrived and wasn't one from launch day though.

Now, do I have to go through RS if I bought it there, or can I go through Sprint?

kellte2

May 15, 2010
Visit site
HTC acknowledged the issue, but I'm sure there haven't been many productions runs, if any, of the changes they mentioned. Everyone needs to cool out. Either return it and wait for confirmation or roll the dice past 30 days if you like the phone enough. I'm going with the latter, but it wouldn't be outrageous to want to avoid dealing with warranty claims.

Even if the production run changed last week - when the acknowledgement was made - one week is still too short of a time to expect to see revised units hit stores.

QuasarZ

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd be concerened for returning and getting a worse device. I'll live with mine now and deal with warranty later if I must.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If they do replace it and it is within your 30 day period it has to be new. I just replaced mine for it and the new one has it plus a dead pixel and a battery cover that doesn't stay on. I'm going back tomorrow night.

Ytown

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I have light leakage from the ports on the bottom of the phone. This does not occur when the capacitive button lights are off. My question is if the screen is safe from dust or will I eventually get dust under the screen. There is no screen separation from the case that I can see at this point.