Can this rival the iPhone?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Having used all the smartphone platforms I end up switching when I get bored. And I get bored pretty easy. Currently I am loving the one x, I just switched from my Nokia Lumia 900, which was also a great phone. I love the screen on the one x. And I truly appreciate sense 4.0, I have also owned the Galaxy Nexus, HTC did a great job on this handset.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Having used all the smartphone platforms I end up switching when I get bored. And I get bored pretty easy. Currently I am loving the one x, I just switched from my Nokia Lumia 900, which was also a great phone. I love the screen on the one x. And I truly appreciate sense 4.0, I have also owned the Galaxy Nexus, HTC did a great job on this handset.

How do you like it compared to the galaxy nexus? Is it more responsive?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

I'm probably like you. Tried out the original Galaxy SII i777, Nexus and SkyRocket on AT&T. I get bored very easily with phones, but for some reason I keep going back to the damn iPhone lol. I think its the suport it has with my car stereo and all the cases I have lol.

I really want to move to Android for good. I like iOS and the feel it has but I want more customization out of my OS. I think the One X is a great device to begin a new relationship with Android.

Only complaints are the protruding camera lens and 16GB of memory on the AT&T version. I know the international version is an option but I'd like LTE.

chrisjcks

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Dark meadow tegra 3 version is far ahead of the iPhone version in terms of graphics quality, it really shows just how good the HOX tegra 3 international version can be for gaming.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Dark meadow tegra 3 version is far ahead of the iPhone version in terms of graphics quality, it really shows just how good the HOX tegra 3 international version can be for gaming.

I'd like to know if the Snapdragon S4 processor in the AT&T version is better than the A5 processor the iPhone 4S uses.

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but with the iPhone, you can get as much memory as you need. The battery is so good, you don't need to replace it half way through the day.

Now, if the One X had that going for it, I'd be all over it.

It's not about swapping a dead battery out for a fresh one. I tend to keep my phones for a very long time 2-3 years and will likely replace the battery in that time as it gets weaker. The battery life on my Amaze is excellent, will go 1-2 full days on one charge with frequent use.

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not about swapping a dead battery out for a fresh one. I tend to keep my phones for a very long time 2-3 years and will likely replace the battery in that time as it gets weaker. The battery life on my Amaze is excellent, will go 1-2 full days on one charge with frequent use.

Yup. The iPhone may have the advantage on battery and storage but Apple has really gone down hill on quality. I decided to sell my original 4S then after deciding on wanting it again, I went through about 6 units. Bought an unlocked White 32GB and it was fine except for the vibrator which vibrated like something was wrong. Of course our friendly Apple Geniuses were completely dismissive. The second replacement suffered the exact same thing and Apple said, sorry nothing we're going to do. I then returned it and went on eBay and saved a lot of money and bough a brand new in the box 4S only to find out that one had a loose power button which rattled. Sent that to Apple only to get another with a very loose home button. Went back to the Apple store and they swapped it out with an even worse home button. I even showed the genius the demo units and how they didn't do that but he said all iPhones are different. I laughed and demanded another one. He finally gave in. The unit I have now is far from perfect. The home button seems a bit crooked but I'm not gonna worry about that. From day one I've seen a very noticeable speck of dust in the camera lens.

I also picked up a white 32GB and it was perfect except it had a light bleeding at the top which made anything light look like crap. So I'm sure its clear why I've had it with Apple. I plan on sending my current 4S to Apple for them to remove the speck of dust before I sell it and stick with my One X.

TheBowser17

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think there's some points not made, I can tell you first hand that the 16gb iPhone outsells the other models at least 20 to 1 (or at least that's how it is where I am currently selling it and my surrounding market), I understand that people want the option to have more space but from a stand point from most consumers, they feel they don't need more than 16gb and will always purchase that version. Also if you are going to produce only one version of the device going with the version that will appeal to the largest group of people based on needs and an attractive price point is the way to do it. They do offer the cloud storage options to try to appease the heavier user when it comes to storage and I understand it is not a great fit for everyone but it is an option. If the One-X launched with 32gb and a $299 price point it would be priced out of the "average" consumer's target price point and would be a sales flop. (I do have a 32gb iPhone and I use more than 16gb and I preordered my One-X, I will make it work for such an awesome device, not to mention, I never even listen to the 8gb of music I hold on my device and use streaming services for everything and there are wifi options close to everywhere)

Something also not mentioned on here but is something I find important to me is that Android allows me to customize the home screens which makes the device much more aesthetically pleasing to me. My iphone is nothing but screens of blocks, but with my androids using things like Beautiful Widgets and so forth I get all my information (news, social media, weather, Android Central, and so forth) right from one of my home screens without having to launch any apps and keeping a nice clean look. I know that is something that falls under just general Android vs. iPhone but it's something that is important to me and the customization that Sense uses definitely makes it more aesthetically pleasing (at least in my opinion) over even other androids

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Yup. The iPhone may have the advantage on battery and storage but Apple has really gone down hill on quality. I decided to sell my original 4S then after deciding on wanting it again, I went through about 6 units. Bought an unlocked White 32GB and it was fine except for the vibrator which vibrated like something was wrong. Of course our friendly Apple Geniuses were completely dismissive. The second replacement suffered the exact same thing and Apple said, sorry nothing we're going to do. I then returned it and went on eBay and saved a lot of money and bough a brand new in the box 4S only to find out that one had a loose power button which rattled. Sent that to Apple only to get another with a very loose home button. Went back to the Apple store and they swapped it out with an even worse home button. I even showed the genius the demo units and how they didn't do that but he said all iPhones are different. I laughed and demanded another one. He finally gave in. The unit I have now is far from perfect. The home button seems a bit crooked but I'm not gonna worry about that. From day one I've seen a very noticeable speck of dust in the camera lens.

I also picked up a white 32GB and it was perfect except it had a light bleeding at the top which made anything light look like crap. So I'm sure its clear why I've had it with Apple. I plan on sending my current 4S to Apple for them to remove the speck of dust before I sell it and stick with my One X.

I have a feeling you are the kind of customer apple wont mind losing.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to know if the Snapdragon S4 processor in the AT&T version is better than the A5 processor the iPhone 4S uses.

It should be, the a5 is a dual core a9 that was first released march 2011 on the iPad, the s4 is a dual core a15 and the one x is the first device released featuring it.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It absolutely is a better processor. Much more efficient and faster. It isn't just a little faster either. It's significantly faster.

Not quite. The A5 is a cousin of the Exynos, and its a beast of a processor. It is just as powerful as the S4, but it isn't as efficient because of the A9 cores.

Its also inappropriate to compare two different processors running different operating systems. Even if there is a difference, the user will never notice because there is nothing to compare them to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87