6.0 quickmemo shortcut turns on flash?

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Along with my standard 3 buttons, I also have the quickmemo shortcut. It worked perfectly fine, and was great to use. After the Marshmallow update, the button doesn't work anymore. For some reason, it turns the flash on. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG G4

Attachments

• 28914.jpg
    28914.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 41

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Nope. I'm using my Verizon version of the LG G4 and my Quick memo still works just fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
OP, I added the Capture home button and yes, it's turning on the flashlight. It doesn't do it if I click capture from the notifications pull down.

However, I am using Key-Plus to change the shortcut for the volume up button to turn on the flashlight, so that could be the culprit (if you're using Key-Plus too, like Darrell suggested).

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using key-plus. Does this mean I can't use it anymore?

I guess that would depend if you want to use the quick memo (now called capture) from the home buttons. Maybe instead just add it to the notifications pull down and use it from there?

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Also, I haven't tried removing Key-Plus, reinstalling and setting it back up. Maybe it's just an product of the MM update?

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'll try to reinstall it. If not, I'll just get rid of it. Thank you all :)

7nexus7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
On another note I don't like how they changed how you crop things on capture+. You have to draw lines to crop.

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm using key-plus. Does this mean I can't use it anymore?

I use the same app. It does change ALL the shortcuts. So on the LG G4 if you change the double tap up button which normally activated quick memo to turn on the flashlight. Then it (KeyPlus) changes all the shortcuts that open the memo app. It does it with other key changers also. I just got rid of the quick memo shortcut an used the regular app to keep the flashlight.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I use the same app. It does change ALL the shortcuts. So on the LG G4 if you change the double tap up button which normally activated quick memo to turn on the flashlight. Then it (KeyPlus) changes all the shortcuts that open the memo app. It does it with other key changers also. I just got rid of the quick memo shortcut an used the regular app to keep the flashlight.

Except on the notifications pull down menu. The Capture+ opened just fine for me using that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress