[Solved] Help - Can't move apps to any of my screens

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Tried Safe Mode but have no idea how to use it to try to fix.

BUT I tried using Easy Home mode as well as Home and App Drawer launchers and I WAS able to move app icons over to any home page I wanted.

ugh...now what?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

BUT I tried using Easy Home mode as well as Home and App Drawer launchers and I WAS able to move app icons over to any home page I wanted.

ugh...now what?
Then try clearing cache,data,force stop your stock launcher , should be in Apps list

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

ugh...now what?

Just to clarify, you discovered this problem only occurs with the normal home launcher, but using home plus app drawer works as expected?

It's been a while since using LG (the V20), but I seem to remember the regular home launcher would not let you adjust things and you would need to use the home with app drawer to customize things.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The reason to try Safe Mode is to see if you can add app shortcuts to the homescreen like you normally can. If you can in Safe Mode, and then reboot normally and the problem happens again, that means something you installed is causing the problem. Unfortunately, it can be tedious to narrow it down further -- you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away.

Something like this might be due to a screen overlay (now called "Display Over Other Apps"), so you could go to Settings>Apps>Advanced>Special App Access>Display Over Other Apps, and start with the apps that have that permission (or turn off that permission).

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Correct. I can go to the list of all my apps by swiping up twice on my screen, and with the Easy home and Home+app drawer launchers I could hold my finger on any app icon and drag it to one of my main screens. I USED to be able to do it with no issues using the main "Home" launcher, did it numerous times but suddenly it won't work.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I gave up and did the "clear data/cache" on the "Home" launcher and it erased all my screens so I switched to Home-App version of launcher and had to redo all my screen setup. It all seems to work now. Frustrating for sure.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I gave up and did the "clear data/cache" on the "Home" launcher and it erased all my screens so I switched to Home-App version of launcher and had to redo all my screen setup. It all seems to work now. Frustrating for sure.
Good to hear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress