[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

CardcaptorRLH85

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.1 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 11-20-2011

In this latest build is the barcode scanner fixed by chance? Not sure if it's been brought up but when using it on the 11/03 build I get a black line going across the screen and can't see what's scanning. Unless the Google goggles fix helped it, haven't had a chance to update very recently.

If I remember correctly, the barcode scanner was fixed in the 11/07 build. Also, for me on the 11/20 build it's working just fine.

B-rye33

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Hello. I was wondering if someone could answer a quick question for me?... Long story short.. My girl saw me using wiimote with my evo and now wants her optimus s to do it. I read an old post somewhere here on XDA someone saying it worked on CM7 but like i said it was old. She is currently on ZVH, and im willing to do the work to get it back on ZVD and flash this rom but it would save me alot of time if someone knew whether it worked or not. And if so what kernal should be used, and will teather still work? Thanks alot.

hman333

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I was wondering if someone could answer a quick question for me?... Long story short.. My girl saw me using wiimote with my evo and now wants her optimus s to do it. I read an old post somewhere here on XDA someone saying it worked on CM7 but like i said it was old. She is currently on ZVH, and im willing to do the work to get it back on ZVD and flash this rom but it would save me alot of time if someone knew whether it worked or not. And if so what kernal should be used, and will teather still work? Thanks alot.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-optimus-s/46346-wiimote-2.html

Looks like it is working with CM7 roms

Reactions: B-rye33

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

No, there's a version for that on xda, but 4G doesn't work

Probably no driver for that radio yet.

Also, I screwed up. I installed ROM Manager on my phone, and I guess I flashed the Clockwordmod Recovery. Now the phone won't reboot into recovery mode. BTW, I am typing this from my phone.

There's also something I would like to mention. Its happened twice. I'll put my phone on the charger, apparently it will charge, then after a bit, it will show its charging, but the battery stats shows it is discharging. It self corrects after I unplug then replug the charger. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I slightly damaged the phone's USB connector when it fell off the desk with the USB cable still connected to the phone and computer?

Last edited:

rukin1

Banned
Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

So i decided to try this Tom. Loved it. Problem was i had no service lol at all. I had to revert back to zvh

Buddlespit

Wannabe kewl
Jan 27, 2011
Visit site

rukin1, I had the same problem when I decided to try (again) ZVH and downgraded. I had to flash ZVD twice to get my data and phone to work. Flash once to write the rom, reboot fully to the rom, then reboot back to recovery and flash ZVD again. The second time will write the radio img and all services will work. I did it again a third time, but I don't think it was needed.

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Downloaded, Installed no problems. Restoring my Apps now then gonna go in and start seeing what this is all about...Thank you for the hard work and easy instructions!!!

kusanagi-sama

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site

Finally fixed my problem with the bricked recovery mode. Downloaded "Flash Image GUI" on the market (costs $0.99), and flashed the xionia recovery image with it, and now I have recovery mode back!

memsman

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Finally fixed my problem with the bricked recovery mode. Downloaded "Flash Image GUI" on the market (costs $0.99), and flashed the xionia recovery image with it, and now I have recovery mode back!

let's keep the posts on this thread on topic... There are many relevant threads where you can post these issues (and their resolutions).

Reactions: junkshow

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I installed the mod last nite...Everything seems to be working great except...

1. I cant make a call from my contact list. When I make a call, Its ends the call immediately and says "Call Has Been Lost." If I dial a number and make a call it works fine...

2. I'm not receiving any Facebook alerts on my phone even though everything is set to notify me about new messages, comments, etc.

3. I sometimes get a message saying "The application Google Services Framework (process.gaaps) has stopped unexpectedly. Please Try again.

Im wondering if number 3 that has to do with my issues...does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to fix these issues? I love this rom and want to continue to use it..Thank you.

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Your force closure like step #3, sounds like you could have missed a data wipe during the install. Or restored a system app setting by accident. Don't restore data or app from messaging/mms, contacts, phone, or anything that looks like a system app. When you sign in with your Google account, it will sync your contacts. You might be able to go and wipe data from ones that you restored in titanium backup and it might fix the problem. Other fix would be to start again with formating data, cache, boot, and system in recovery. And flash the Rom then the google apps again.

Reactions: sydewayz soundz

sydewayz soundz

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your quick response. I am going to try and re flash the rom. Another problem Im having is when I flash the Debug Format Zip, It aborts the installation.It says

"Amend scripting is no longer supported. Amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5. It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages. Installation Aborted."

Could this also be a problem? It lets me install the ROM even without running the debug. Is this OK? Thanks