Weird MMS issue. Won't display pictures

pmpmstrb

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
When I receive a picture and click on it, it doesn't show up. It displays a (what looks to be) a very,very brown mountain looking screen. The only way I can view the picture is to do a long press on it and select view image, but it is only displayed for a few seconds before reverting back to the message window. I'm at a loss. I'm running TR1.5 and Handcent SMS.

pmpmstrb

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes my phone is rooted. I noticed it a few days ago when I got my first mms text. I got a few more today and they are all doing it. I don't know if it did it before rooting because I hadn't gotten any mms in the short week before rooting. I've only had the phone for ~3 weeks.

pmpmstrb

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I also want to add that the pictures show up in the message window. It's just when I click on them to enlarge/view them that they don't work.

outdors21

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
This seems to be a common problem that, for me, seems to depend on the carrier the MMS is from. Tmobile pictures do fine for me, but verizon and even other Sprint ones do waht you say. I've just started press/hold on the picture, saved it to SD card and viewed it through the gallery. Most consistent.

Most verizon pictures arrive as a 5 second slideshow, actually...even though there is only one picture. Very odd.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Open the text messing app ..

Menu > settings > make sure auto retrieve is checked (also roaming auto retrieve)

Test again to see if that helped at all. This setting tells the phone to download the MMS message from the network when notification is received.

Reactions: ladi1

pmpmstrb

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Open the text messing app ..

Menu > settings > make sure auto retrieve is checked (also roaming auto retrieve)

Test again to see if that helped at all. This setting tells the phone to download the MMS message from the network when notification is received.

No go. Went in and checked both boxes and rebooted. Still the same thing. I'm planning on switching to v1.6 later tonight or tomorrow. Maybe that fixes it? We'll see.

joakyno

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It didn't fixed it. I have v1.6 and still the same, maybe for me is different what happen is that now every time i receive a mms it doesn't automatically retrieve.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
It didn't fixed it. I have v1.6 and still the same, maybe for me is different what happen is that now every time i receive a mms it doesn't automatically retrieve.

Try refreshing your profile in menu settings about phone. If that doesn't work call sprint, they will have to fix it on their end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thewhitecarno