LG V20 Pricing

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
By the time you buy the spare battery needed, and pay tax, you're looking at around $1,000 out the door. ...for a product that will be discontinued 12 months from now. :(

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
$800!!!! I know that flag ship phones tend to be on the higher price side but really? I could get two of the OnePlus 3 or the ZTE Axon 7 for that price. Makes me really rethink my want for this phone.

I totally agree with you. Spending $800 on a phone when you can get Flagship Specs at half the money doesn't make sense

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
By the time you buy the spare battery needed, and pay tax, you're looking at around $1,000 out the door. ...for a product that will be discontinued 12 months from now. :(

This is exactly why I don't buy phones anymore, I just lease them using Jump on Demand from T-Mobile. This way I'm never stuck with a phone that's been discontinued.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Everything. LOL. I honestly don''t know.
As is usual, do you want something that just works or something with lots of features and should work ok?

Apple may not have much in the way of features, but you don't have to worry as much about software bugs. The V20 should work for the most part (like any other Android phone), but has a lot more features.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
As is usual, do you want something that just works or something with lots of features and should work ok?

Apple may not have much in the way of features, but you don't have to worry as much about software bugs.

Well, if you don't count all the software bugs over the years.

Oh--and then there's the hardware bugs. iPhone 4 "you're not holding it right!", anyone? And now there's the iPhone 6 touch controller hardware fiasco that will cost Apple a pretty penny in the end.

"It Just Works" died at Apple a long, long time ago.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Supposedly for new customers but I have a buddy that ported over from Sprint about 2 weeks ago and was able to get JOD.

Existing JOD customers can still use their 3 jumps a year.

Huh. I thought the original plan was to give customers one more jump after they discontinued it, and then it would be gone for good.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Was still considering it, but just going back to my Note 4 for now. The V20 size, lower battery life, grainy low light pics and no dust or water resistance do not bridge the $890 price to me. If $700, then I might have.

Note 4 also has replaceable battery, takes decent pics, better display, better battery life and is $890 less than the V20, since already paid for.

Note 7 rocked. The hardware display scaling and scary good low light pic quality alone made it stand out.

Wish the V20 had hardware scaling, since would help battery life big time.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Huh. I thought the original plan was to give customers one more jump after they discontinued it, and then it would be gone for good.
I've never heard that from them at all. I jumped to the N7, got a loaner, jumped again to the replacement N7, now I'll have to return it and jump again to something else. Nothing from them about this is your last jump because JOD is discontinued. In fact one of my other lines just jumped on Saturday from LG G4 to the G5 because the G4 bootlooped. Even in it's bootlooped state they allowed the Jump.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Played with the V20 in the At&t store..... I'm in love!!! Imo the phone is way better than the note 7 and it is super responsive and snappy!!!!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Played with the V20 in the At&t store..... I'm in love!!! Imo the phone is way better than the note 7 and it is super responsive and snappy!!!!
Just out of curiosity, is it more snappy compared to the demo Note 7, or a Note 7 that's already had other apps and such loaded on by you? I know that can be hard to compare now, but a demo for demo comparison would tell me more than a demo to used device.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, is it more snappy compared to the demo Note 7, or a Note 7 that's already had other apps and such loaded on by you? I know that can be hard to compare now, but a demo for demo comparison would tell me more than a demo to used device.
I test it against my Note 7 with the same amount of apps installed and it embarrassed it badly. I forgot to add also that I like the screen a little better as well. The screen was well tuned and the color accuracy was spot-on.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I test it against my Note 7 with the same amount of apps installed and it embarrassed it badly. I forgot to add also that I like the screen a little better as well. The screen was well tuned and the color accuracy was spot-on.

I'm hearing the screen is pretty good on the V20

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38