Who's not considering the V30?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not. My V20 has more features I care about. V30 has nothing I care about. Amazing. Not a single feature.

Zulfigar

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Still enjoying my Galaxy S8+, so not likely to get this phone. Though, if it did come out when the S8+ did, I might have back then.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You probably like the new features better but what I miss in order of importance to me is ir blaster, 16/9 screen ratio, removable battery, and always on second screen. If they included LED notifications (not in either version) it may have swayed me to V30 despite missing the other features. I also don't know if the high quality DAC is in the new version but that alone wouldn't get me.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You probably like the new features better but what I miss in order of importance to me is ir blaster, 16/9 screen ratio, removable battery, and always on second screen. If they included LED notifications (not in either version) it may have swayed me to V30 despite missing the other features. I also don't know if the high quality DAC is in the new version but that alone wouldn't get me.

Yeah there is a lot to like about the V20 still.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes and water resistant, oled display, upgraded DAC upgraded camera. Aspect ratio is really personal choice but I like the 2/1
Please note I warned the features I care about may not matter to others. The upgrades I've read about to the camera don't matter to me. I am strictly a point and shoot guy and I don't care about wide angle in either version. I like LCD (no burn in and easier on my eyes) but it isn't a key feature for me so I didn't include it. Aspect ratio is very important to me but like everything I listed I only said it is important to me not anyone else. The reason is virtually everything I watch in Netflix or Comcast Stream or NESNgo is 16/9.

Water resistance, like improved DAC, are nice features but I listed my preferences in order of importance to me. Water resistance not key to me. Exchangeable battery WAY more important and I don't think it would be water resistant with that feature.

I'm not trying to talk anybody out of the V30. It simply has removed all of the features that attracted me to V20

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm curious yes. But I already ordered the note 8. And for the cheap price I got the note for its hard to justify purchasing the v30 over it as the v30 will likely cost more than the 525 I paid for the note.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Already got my Note 8 pre-ordered. For me, the V30 is too much of a departure from the previous V series phones. I bought both the V10 and V20 over the Note 5 and Note 7 because of things like removable battery, IR, expandable storage, a second screen, and a better audio experience with Quad-DAC. I also loved the build quality of the phones, especially the V10 which had the steel rails and all the buttons on the back of the phone. It was a truly unique phone.

Now with the V30, it looks about the same as my S8+ and they removed most of the features that gave me a reason to choose the V series over the Note series previously. I'm sure it will be a great phone and I'm sure people will love the new OLED display and water resistance, I just feel the Note 8 is the better phone overall when you compare the two.

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I like LCD (no burn in and easier on my eyes)

Obviously this is personal choice, so I'm not here to dispute your preference, but I'm curious on what way you find LCD easier on your eyes? I've always had AMOLED (Moto) and find that the LCD on my G6 is always blowing out my retinas at night or early morning, just curious . . .