LG Viper roms?

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i believe i can verify that the stock kernel will not boot cm10.1. loki'd the boot.img of stock kernel on cm10.1 rom doesnt boot. same with twrp2.7 which i built with the iproj and stock doesnt boot either. back to the drawing board.

It's an ICS kernel, it's not expected to boot CM10.1. You should try working on CM9 since you actually have the kernel source before trying to build a whole different API w/o the official kernel source.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
so basically you built a rom, but instead of flashing, you wiped your device instead?
anyhow, i have no quirks in testing compiled roms to save some time.

seems you are on teamwin recovery (correct me if im wrong). I am on CW recovery and can attempt a flash through there. might help out, idk.

after reviewing the log, it apprears that somehow, TWRP isnt mounting the storage during flash, rendering the flash useless. i can try with CWM recovery and see if it follows through, but it may be possible our recoveries are simply not able to flash roms. correct me if im worng and you have been able to sucessfuly flash a zip of sorts before. if that is the case, check your settings, and if all else fails, check to see if the zip was made properly. the biggest note i saw was it was missing SE_Linux which every rom i flashed in the past had such. just a thought, but that could be the main issue as well.

SELinux was never included in APIs lower than 17 (4.2.2) so it's not a SELinux issue. SELinux has been merged into the recovery of course, but it has nothing to do with the errors.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
cm9, no progress yet on build. working on a cm9 dirty hack+twrp 2.7.lol with -k switch compiles then: make: Target `bacon' not remade because of errors. libgui.so error preventing complete build

*notice recovery log* /system | /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB and /sd-ext | | Size: 0MB Used: 0MB Free: 0MB Backup Size: 0MB before flash.

edit. i compiled the recovery http://pastebin.com/FtUChHZc we are reading system now. possible problems-mount, sd-ext. could be the rebuilt rom not mounting properly? anyhow i will host

removed

could be my personal sdcard/system not reading properly, anyhow my twrp build fixed it for me
http://pastebin.com/PP7trzh2 this link from above post verifies that theory. joshs recovery is legit, probably flashing non-functional roms wiped my system that round.

Last edited:

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Starting TWRP 2.6.3.0 on Wed Jan 7 01:25:57 1970 I:Single storage only. I:No - Pastebin.com unable to mount. since im unable to complete the build i decided to dirty hack a nightly. i piece parted a fake rom to extract the zvk ramdisk and repacked it with josh's tools. merged to the rom-zvks sytsem/usr, vendor, and etc. merged the build.prop from the cm9 build. added the usbautorun.iso. edit the script properly. back to the original problem from gb twrp which reads @ flash unable to mount /system, unable to mount /data. @ed i will host it, i should warn i restored a backup and would reboot into recovery no matter what. i restored a different backup and then was able to restore the initial backup. before restoring the second backup, when i attempted to install my update.zip, twrp couldnt assert cayman. probably best idea is to wait out the error. im not sure how cwm handles, so i couldnt help any if yer device bricks.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Starting TWRP 2.6.3.0 on Wed Jan 7 01:25:57 1970 I:Single storage only. I:No - Pastebin.com unable to mount. since im unable to complete the build i decided to dirty hack a nightly. i piece parted a fake rom to extract the zvk ramdisk and repacked it with josh's tools. merged to the rom-zvks sytsem/usr, vendor, and etc. merged the build.prop from the cm9 build. added the usbautorun.iso. edit the script properly. back to the original problem from gb twrp which reads @ flash unable to mount /system, unable to mount /data. @ed i will host it, i should warn i restored a backup and would reboot into recovery no matter what. i restored a different backup and then was able to restore the initial backup. before restoring the second backup, when i attempted to install my update.zip, twrp couldnt assert cayman. probably best idea is to wait out the error. im not sure how cwm handles, so i couldnt help any if yer device bricks.

Assert issues isn't a recovery issue. You used cayman as the assert device in the updater-script but as I told Josh, it is ls840. And system nor data is mounting so it's pointless to distribute the recovery, only thing that'll do is cause some excited users to format and try to flash something and soft-brick their phones.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, there's a problem with /emmc mounting as well, it appears to be mounting the external SD to /sdcard and /emmc.

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Assert issues isn't a recovery issue. You used cayman as the assert device in the updater-script but as I told Josh, it is ls840. And system nor data is mounting so it's pointless to distribute the recovery, only thing that'll do is cause some excited users to format and try to flash something and soft-brick their phones.

i dont understand why my hacked update.zip flashes, also restores but twrp doesnt read the updater script from the hacked rom. could be the manifest, cert throwing the error? i dont think twrp is to be blamed, i chatted with dees troy a few months ago when i was receiving alike errors flashing. i realized soon after that, i wasnt running the setup-makefiles.sh in the device tree, thus no blobs. i believe with this hacked rom some or all of the blobs are either not matched right or plain out not being flashed. gotta check it out.

edit http://pastebin.com/RqkeXth7 after some minor editing. http://pastebin.com/7scFpeQf <-updater-script. not mounting /system seems to be the issue.lol

Last edited:

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just a tiny bit off topic, when you say dirty hacked CM9, what exactly do you mean? As in if we can get the ROM to [finally] flash, whats the ROM intended to be like? Is it stock with CM9 assets instead of LG's or is it CM9 altogether, just made in a way to get it to build and work?

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Just a tiny bit off topic, when you say dirty hacked CM9, what exactly do you mean? As in if we can get the ROM to [finally] flash, whats the ROM intended to be like? Is it stock with CM9 assets instead of LG's or is it CM9 altogether, just made in a way to get it to build and work?

Post #351 describes the method. Same method as my update.zip . More steps involved. Manually completeing thr build, as otapackage ,wouldnt because a .so file wont build. I think its qcom_ui.h preventing such. Some of the linker errors references.

Edward McInnish

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
O.K., so since I'm too tired to begin to understand this, it basically means you cannot build a "Linux equivalent of a dll" or in this case, the android so file, so your pretty much hacking it in instead?

Either way, once you rebuild the ROM fixing the last issue you mentioned about forgetting something during the build, host a copy for me to flash. I will see if CWM will do anything differently and give you the log here.

I assume the risk in my own right (or however the politically correct way to say if I [mess] it up, its my own [dang] fault), and its the least I can do to help, since I was never able to get very far myself.

The only other thing I ask in case my phone goes postal up in this [beach], is a copy of lg tools, and the ZVI tot which I cannot seem to locate a working download link for. I presume you or Nigel might have a copy.

Last edited:

brandonabandon

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
probably. to help you understand. my personal cm9 build will not complete due to the errors i posted earlier. so i ran make with the -k switch in order to skip the error and complete the build.however, the build stops at the packaging process due to the missing .so file. i then decided to to nab a nightly and merge what did build from my files, with the nightly. unfortunately the ramdisk files wont complete (system/etc.) i nabbed the zvk ramdisk and repacked it with josh's tools and my cm9 zimage, also adding some zvk this and that. i will not be hosting until further notice, experiencing technical difficulties restoring. anyhow Starting TWRP 2.6.3.0 on Wed Jan 7 23:33:19 1970 I:Single storage only. I:No - Pastebin.com i resolved the mount issue, i noticed the boot not being flashed so i did manually after flashing, hangs at logo. i made a backup. gotta check it.

edit. i will be hosting my cm9 backup soon google drive really slow upload lol.

@ed. i take it yer not familiar with the android environment and the build process. basically how the makefiles are arranged for each .so file to be built depend on the libraries for it to be built properly. any time you hypothetically run the make command the search is on for all the android.mk files which point to whichever libraries you have stored under yer android branch. within those files lies the makefiles which coordinate the procedures of how to build such. if even one error occurs, the make process halts. this theory is relevant for other files amongst other branches as well. under my specific circumstance building cm9 libgui.so which is dependant of libcameraservice.so is not being linked properly, what happened? the error i believe is the result of qcom_ui.h (which is a file included in surfacetextureclient.cpp) doesnt understand something (hence the errors,) the relative files are missing an action. error 1 lol. what should happen, in my out directory where all the files are built to, libgui_intermediates (the files which build libgui.so) should create libgui.so under out/blah/libgui_intermediates/LINKED then libcameraservice.so can completely build.

edit i noticed the boot is not flashing for whatever reason. i reflashed cm9 rom and dd'd the boot which i will host also. anyhow, the result was blank screen after logo.

lol. i gotta recreate some backups. i was restoring backups from joshs recovery on mine. which was causeing the bootloop.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty