T-Mobile signal is weak with the Moto X Pure Edition

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Had my moto x pure for about 3 days now and I notice every time I get home. I can no longer call out or receive calls from anyone. I still get data and texts fine. Anyone else have this problem with their phone. Or maybe it's tmobile. I came from a lg g4 and a note 4 and never had this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

dakalter69

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto x pure edition Tmobile weak signal

Coming from the s6 I've had the opposite experience. My signal is fantastic on T-Mobile.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto x pure edition Tmobile weak signal

I have T-Mobile and my avg T-Mobile signal in my home is like -100 dbm and moto pure is little bit better like -97 dbm.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Well that's the weird part on my phone it says I have lte but when I try to make a call it drops down to 3g but the call never goes though it just sits there for a minute then ends. When people try to call me they say it goes straight to voice-mail. 😕 other then this problem I love the phone and when I'm out the house it works fine. Maybe I will need to get one of those cell boosters.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well that's the weird part on my phone it says I have lte but when I try to make a call it drops down to 3g but the call never goes though it just sits there for a minute then ends. When people try to call me they say it goes straight to voice-mail. ?????? other then this problem I love the phone and when I'm out the house it works fine. Maybe I will need to get one of those cell boosters.

If you're having issues I would highly recommend it. It took me 5 minutes on the phone and they sent it to me. Just tell them you are having some issues at home and would like one of those if possible. They will try to offer the wifi router but just explain you have a device that doesn't have T-Mobile software on it so WiFi calling is out of the question.

That one phone call has solved all issues at my house. It sucks since I have service everywhere I work / live / play but .. It was just a minor inconvenience having to call.

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Weird, I'm having the exact opposite. It's roughly the same but if anything I'd say it's actually a little better than the T-Mobile signal I got with my Note 4. Also the GPS seems to get a better signal too.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
They don't call them T-Maybe for nothing!

The Moto radios are the best in the business. I compared my signal to the wife's OG X (on Verizon) and the XPE has 1 asu and -1 dBm better. So they should be pretty much identical. And excellent. I remember the days of the Galaxy Nexus where I barely had any signal in the same location. LOVE the Moto radios!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Tmo was too weak where I live so bailed from them after the G1. The signal was so weak on average where I live, Tmo waived my contract for two lines and let me leave. It was part of their customer satisfaction policy. I then got the Incredible on VZW. Signal coverage much better.

Got my first smart phone from Tmo. The infamously cool Ngage :)

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They don't call them T-Maybe for nothing!

I am not sure what that even means? Lol. For me .. I only have issues at my house and the booster solved that. Since that is solved I have full LTE everywhere I work, play, and travel to. All unlimited .. all for $50 a month. I really can't complain.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure what that even means? Lol. For me .. I only have issues at my house and the booster solved that. Since that is solved I have full LTE everywhere I work, play, and travel to. All unlimited .. all for $50 a month. I really can't complain.

With their poor coverage, your signal is T-MAYBE. Come on. It's not THAT early in the morning is it? :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress